Trumpeter 1:32 Lightning F1/3.... First pics (I think)

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, December 13, 2008, 01:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Lifted this from Britmodeller

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10080627a/20/1

Mods - I've also posted this in the products section, but thought it might be missed there. If you want to delete this thread, that's fine..... Must admit it's got me a wee bit (over)excited ! - click on 'Item page' and you'll get about twenty microscopic thumbnails that make a slide-show of all the sprues, instructions and decals.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

The good - its a 1/32 IM Lightning!

The bad - price, rivets, horrible tail, no IFR probe, price and price of AM needed.

I'm still getting an F6 mind :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Did the F1 & 3's have IFR ?? - genuine question, I just dont know. What's wrong with the tail ?? - Not an expert but it looks OK from the pics.

Yes the price is prohibitive - even if I had somewhere to put it, I would have to NOT buy anything else in 2009 !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

F1 had no IFR, probe was added with the F1A I believe

The tail is the same sunken effect round the jetpipes as on the 1/72 version.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Yup to big for me and that price shows just how much the pound has suffered in recent months - 6 months ago would have been 20% cheaper at least  >:(
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

More than good enough for a Whif!  :wacko: just wish the price wasn't so prohibitive.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.