USN Evaluation Rafale

Started by noxioux, December 12, 2008, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

This is going to be in a make-believe USN evaluation scheme, possibly with red or yellow accents.  The scheme turned out a lot more tan than I was expecting, but I'm going to run with it.  This is a fast build, started 2 days ago.  One of the reasons I love these little kits!

This is the Revell 1/144, with the flaps cut and dropped.  It's a beautiful little kit, very well detailed.

Piccies:

:cheers:

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Just call me Ray

I spy Kittyzilla, and he doesn't seem to be a Dassault fan :)
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

noxioux

That little booger knows to leave the planes alone, but he was mighty interested in the camera strap ;D

kitnut617

The latest Combat Aircraft issue has an article on a bunch of Rafales that deployed onto the USS Theodore Roosevelt for an exercise recently, nice bunch of photos to go along with the article.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Eddie M.

Nice aircraft! Watch out for that anti aircraft unit. I hear it's got excellent night vision.;)
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

Hahaha...look at the cat ! Cats.....

You're right, that sure does look like a beauty little kit ! I had one of their Lightnings, and couldn't believe how sweet it looked. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

BlackOps

Rafales' are just sexy no matter what they wear  :wub: Looking forward to seeing this with all the markings applied  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

Here are the 'finished piccies.  I lost one of the exhaust nozzles, and it's not looking like it will turn up.  However, I left the 1 unglued, in case I can make something else work here shortly (maybe the nozzles from a 1/144 F-14 I've got somewhere).

I also still need to add the SAGEM bundle there up front,as well.  So maybe 1 more set of pics are coming after this.  Maybe. . .

Joe C-P

:thumbsup: Nice work, and a great idea.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.