Image Archives Available on-line (Newspapers, Periodicals, and Government)

Started by frank2056, December 11, 2008, 07:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

This is amazing. google has all of the issues of Popular Science online. The cover art for some of the early issues is fodder for some amazing WHIFs!

tigercat2

Thanks so much for this tip; it is an excellent site.  Pop Sci was one of my favorites in the 60s, and now we all have access to every issue.

Wes W.

Doc Yo

Whoo! This is like dicovering the MODERN MECHANICS archive all over again! Thanks, Frank!

tigercat2

Popular Mechanics is great as well!!  What other magazines are available from this service?  How about Wings/Airpower, Air Classics, or Motor Trend?

Wes W.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Jeffry Fontaine

(Thanks to a comment made on HyperScale)
The German Federal Archive (Bundesarchiv) images are now available for viewing on-line via Wikipedia (Wikimedia)

If anyone has a better link that excludes Wiki please advise me and I will update this to reflect a shorter path to the source. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jeffry Fontaine

Not sure if this was mentioned previously or not but here is another interesting on-line archive that might be of some use: The World War II Collection - Footnote

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Robert

Flightgobal Archive "Every issue of Flight Magazine published between 1909-2005, digitally scanned and fully searchable" plus aircraft cutaways and more.