Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

overscan

"What if?" addict

Captain Canada

Mmmmm

What a sweetheart !

I'm gonna build one for our Chinese labtech to hang in his lab !

Go Trumpeter !

Toad :P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

overscan

Hopefully Trumpeter will get the wing shape correct, as it is quite misleading- from some angles it looks like a cranked delta, but the leading edge is in fact straight.
"What if?" addict

lancer

Oh beautiful..Can't wait to get this in 72nd...Got some ideas for it already..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Thanks for pics.
Overscan, were you RIGHT there on the flightline, man?

Love your shot with the markings "censored" out.    ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Geoff_B

QuoteEither way, it's an attractive aircraft that would look nice in Indian markings.

Hi Lee

Indian markings ? !!!!, for Chinese aircraft i would go for Pakistan instead, India share another unstable border with china so its more likely to be the opposition to the Pakistani or Chinese J-10's ?, perhaps Indian Typhoons, Rafale of Soviet Su-47 going against them.

I'll have to look at how that Chinese/Pakistani project is coming along FC-1 is developing

FC-1 Sino-Pakistani fighter

Cheers

Thor B)

overscan

The pictures were taken by Chinese enthusiasts and posted on the internet, so I can't take any credit. One guy was prosecuted early on,I believe, which is why much of the recent pics censor unit markings and the like.
"What if?" addict

overscan

Lavi and J-10

An early J-10 config compared to the unbuilt single seat Lavi

"What if?" addict

nev

Hmmm, look remarkably similar don't they?

Then again, Israel & China have been developing military technology links for a few years now, much to the chagrin of the US
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

What do ya mean'remarkably similar'??? They're almost bloody IDENTICAL!!!!. Still, like you say, the Chinese and Israilies for many years.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

QuoteMMMMMM!!!!!! I hadn't realised just how similar they looked. I wonder if we will see the IDF/AF operating Lavi's after all?

Personally I wouldn't count it out....all they gotta do is get the Americans to send them another couple of billion in aid and away they go!!!

Deino

QuoteMMMMMM!!!!!! I hadn't realised just how similar they looked. I wonder if we will see the IDF/AF operating Lavi's after all? Especially if Israel decides to not keep all it's eggs in the one basket. If the link to SA still survives the change of government could we see SAAF Lavi's along side the Grippens???  :huh:

Also add Serbia to the export list, but I suspect the links to Russia are more likely to mean Flankers.
But You have to remember that the J-10 is much bigger than the Lavi !!! The Lavi was powered by the PW1120 ... an engined also planned for the original F-4E Kurnass 2000 upgrade !!! And the J-10 is powered by a version of the AL-31 - the Su-27's engine !!!!

But I think of a maybe much improved IAI Lavi C2 ... looks much like a J-10 with an F100-PW-229 .....  :wub:

Anyway just to enjoy !!!

and: http://www.wforum.com/specials/upload/j-10...04-clear-wm.jpg

Deino   :rolleyes:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Supertom

Well, let's see now.  I see myself doing J-10s in the markings of:

China (of course)
Pakistan
Iran
Libya
Croatia
Egypt
Indonesia
Phillipines
Cuba (now THAT'D be sweet!)

And now Joe and I can finally modify it to be a Lavi.

Incidentally, did you know that this website started from a discussion Joe and I had on Hyperscale about kitbashing a Lavi?  Hey, I know!  I'll do a What-If commemarative Lavi, with What-If sponsorship markings!!!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Ollie

Is that so Tom?  Oh!

Good to hear that!  Now, I see a RCAF 2000 EF-2000 with J-10 kill marks!  Hmmmmmm.......

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: