Hughes 500P

Started by Hman, December 05, 2008, 02:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

That last pic of her is pretty cool. Another one of those birds I had no idea existed !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I remember seeing an article about the 500P in Air Forces Monthly many years back. Might even be the same one as these kind of articles tend to do the rounds.  There's some more pics on the Finescale Modeler forum:
http://cs.finescale.com/forums/3/806736/ShowPost.aspx

Quote from: GTX on December 05, 2008, 04:30:33 PM
So...???

Regards,

Greg

It's a rare bird & only tends to get a short paragraph in any history of the OH-6, so this article definitely has interest.  Without speaking for Darren, I believe the inference is the technology used in the Hughes 500P could be useful for whiffs.  Some if it went on to be used in the next generation of helicopters but there's never been another that's been quite as 'silent' as this one, apparently it couldn't be heard until it was pretty much on top of you.  The original Hughes 500/OH-6 sounds like a swarm of angry insects!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hman

Dear all

I just thought it was interesting thats all!
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

GTX

My apologies - I sounded like a bit of a git with my original post.  I was viewing via "Show unread posts since last visit. " and didn't realise this was posted in the "Got any good Links put them here" section - I thought it was in one of the other areas and was confused by there just being a simple link.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."