Looking For - Russian Ordnance Request

Started by Sauragnmon, December 05, 2008, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Hey, I'm gathering a little preparation for my Iranian Tomcat build, and here I just finished dismantling my junkyard... and wouldn't you notice, I'm short a single R-27/AA-10 Alamo AAM.  So, anybody who happens to have one, I'd appreciate a PM.

I work in 1/72 Scale.  I can countership some ordnance at request.  My two salvage Fulcrums lost parts prior to my move, and apparently three of four R-27's are missing.  The odds of that.

Curses, it sucks.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

I think I could help you with that!! I will have a look at whats in my soviet missile stash and let you know.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

Yep, I have some spare ones of those, there are two missiles that look similar, one is longer than the other, the one you want is the shorter one of the 2 isn't it? What manufacturer of model kit is it? just of interest, if it is the Italeri one I have 2 kits that I can take the missiles from.
Cheers,
Chris.

Sauragnmon

Mine's originally from the Hasegawa Fulcrum, 1/72 scale.  I don't recall an Italeri kit that has R-27's.  I know I apparently have an R-73 from one, and ironically they differ between two kits (Su-34 vs Ka-52).  It could also be a difference between the model of the R-27 missile they tried to do - the IR seeker vs Radar seeker model, one would have a pointed tip, one a rounded tip.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Yes, the different length could be a result of which model of the R-27 is included - there are both different seeker heads and different engines:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

chrisonord

Well I googled the missile and looked at its pictures, and its identical to the ones I have. I have Italeri ones,Dragon ones and ICM ones,if any are of use to you let me know.I think there could be some with my encore su-35, and zvesda su-30 and 37.
Chris.