Help with Correllian Corvette, Tantive IV, Blockade Runner

Started by PanzerWulff, December 01, 2008, 09:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

does anyone know if there is a decent sized model of the Correllian Corvette,Tantive IV,Blockade runner seen throughout the sieries (Princess Liea's courier ship in the origional movie) the only one I have been able to find so far is one in scale with the AMT Star destroyer
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

rallymodeller

Quote from: PanzerWulff on December 01, 2008, 09:53:23 AM
does anyone know if there is a decent sized model of the Correllian Corvette,Tantive IV,Blockade runner seen throughout the sieries (Princess Liea's courier ship in the origional movie) the only one I have been able to find so far is one in scale with the AMT Star destroyer
"Panzer"

Short answer: not really.

Long answer: Sort of. There was a limited edition resin one done a couple of years ago by one of the posters on SSM; there may be more now. Keep an eye out on Starship Modeler for that kind of thing. The Tantive IV is one of the holy grail kits for a lot of people.

Then again, there is the monster Lego one...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

PanzerWulff

Quote from: rallymodeller on December 03, 2008, 01:55:38 AM
Short answer: not really.

Long answer: Sort of. There was a limited edition resin one done a couple of years ago by one of the posters on SSM; there may be more now. Keep an eye out on Starship Modeler for that kind of thing. The Tantive IV is one of the holy grail kits for a lot of people.

Then again, there is the monster Lego one...
The LEGO one looks real interesting but I'll have to wait until the first of the year to get it and I WILL be glueing the beast together  ;D
"Panzer"

puddingwrestler

that's what I heard too, although I was under the impression that they had not built the model yet when thedecision was made...

As to models; I'm sure I saw something on SSM last year... go forth and ask them!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Cobra

you may want to try either monstersinmotion.com, or Federation Models. thought i saw the Ship you were looking for @ Federation Models! give them a Check.

philp

Several years ago there was a toy version of this ship about 12-15" long.  It opened into a play set for SW Micro Machines IIRC.  Detail was pretty decent and I almost bought it to update it but passed on it  :banghead:

Randy Cooper makes a different version of the ship but it is $275.  Lots of detail though.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PanzerWulff

That thing is BBB Big,Badass & Beautiful I wish I could build something like that.The Space 1999 Eagle is a beauty too
"Panzer"

B777LR

The Blockade runner is also featured in Star Wars Episode III :thumbsup: