Model Rebuilds or Feline Experiments in Aviation Disasters

Started by HOG, November 29, 2008, 12:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

"Meanwhile back at the BatCupboard I`m in the process of deciding wether to dump or repair and redo some of my favourites.  During the recent fireworks my cats had got into the room and decided that my display shelf was the safest place to be. So being as two bodies cannot ocupy the same space as half a dozen models.................. "

Hoyhoy`al
The above is lifted from my Me109X post, where the cats demolished half a dozen of my dio`s by trying to share shelf space.
Well I`ve rebuilt the 109G-12 dio as below but some are deffinate scrappers. One I was sad to see go was the Mistel. The 262 Mistel was one of the models I was most pround off and not at least from the fact that I had managed to build two Dragon kits into what they were suppossed to be. If I can get another Tamiya or a couple of MonoRevell 262`s I`l redo it. There again theres the Pegusus Hobbies kits of the 262 which are supposed to be around £7:00, anyone built any of their kits yet ? and what are they like?
Any way before the crash it looked like this

I`ve changed the items around into a more realistic scene, I think, and have been forced by circumstances to make some small additions. The airframe had totally broken away from the undercart leaving just two legs and tyres pinned to the board and looking like a display for the ultimate stealth plane. After rebuild one wing was higher than the other, but I managed to pull this down with some craft tissue PVA`d on and painted to look like canvas. (this also hid up a wonky cross thats annoyed me from the start but was unable to move once set). The middle is also fixed to the base in the same way as the undercart join isn`t a 100% and will stop the thing shifting later. At least these mods have some credence in reality where the Luftwuffy used to try to hide the white crosses etc from arial attack.

I hope you like lots of pic`s and it`s not a long download on dialup. All comments as usual etc,
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

The Rat

Try decorating your hobby room with menus from Vietnamese restaurants.  :wacko: ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Is it the camera or is that one figure sporting a huge head?  The bloke on the far side of your -109 that is standing near the ground support equipment is the one that I am referring to.  The one image with that figure in it really stands out as odd looking from the angle of the shot or the awful truth that there really is a pilot figure with a great big head. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

HOG

Quote from: The Rat on November 29, 2008, 12:54:00 PM
Try decorating your hobby room with menus from Vietnamese restaurants.  :wacko: ;D
I thought that was dogs?

Jeffry  If its the figure in black leather, then he`s the instructor, and if you`ve got a lot of brains then you need a big head, otherwise you`ll suffer from brain cramp. Perhaps thats what JMN`s suffer from  an ego to big for their cranial cavity.
Mind you I`ve heard it told that there are quite a few pilots with big heads

Actually I hadn`t noticed. He`s a white metal figure from the old AircamAirwar range of figures so go blame the sculptor. The rest are conversions from the Tamiya German Infantry on Manouvers set
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: HOG on November 29, 2008, 03:54:23 PMJeffry  If its the figure in black leather, then he`s the instructor, and if you`ve got a lot of brains then you need a big head, otherwise you`ll suffer from brain cramp.
Mind you I`ve heard it told that there are quite a few pilots with big heads

Actually I hadn`t noticed. He`s a white metal figure from the old AircamAirwar range of figures so go blame the sculptor. The rest are conversions from the Tamiya German Infantry on Manouvers set
Sounds like it is true then, "you can tell a pilot, but you can not tell him much..." :)

The figure with the black leather jacket in this image is also in several of the other images but this shot really makes his head swell up larger than it should be for some strange reason. 

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

The Rat

Quote from: HOG on November 29, 2008, 12:32:12 PM

In this angle that pilot's head looks fairly normal, I'm guessing it's some sort of optical illusion caused by lighting.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Eddie M.

Looks great from here! He doesn't have a big head, he's got lot's of hair. ;D
Look behind you!