WAR GLUE

Started by NARSES2, November 29, 2008, 02:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I got a bottle of this glue the other day - powerfull stuff ! Expensive but ideal for white metal to resin and resin to resin small parts, where you only need the tinyest drop. Not tried it on plastic yet.

Can't quite get my brain around "pure glue", I think I know what it means  :blink:

http://www.warglue.co.uk/

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jeffry Fontaine

Hi Chris,

Fixed your link so it would work as a link instead of text.  Is this a superglue Cyano type glue or is it one of those white glue types?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 29, 2008, 12:28:10 PM
Hi Chris,

Fixed your link so it would work as a link instead of text.  Is this a superglue Cyano type glue or is it one of those white glue types?

Thanks Geoff

As for what type of glue it is, thats whats confusing me  :banghead: It's not a cyano as far as I can figure, but they keep talking about "pure glue" in all the blurb. It has no "plastizers or bulkers". Maybe one of our resident chemists can help ? Nev ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

hard to say really - it has to be a mixture IMO to bond that many things AND spread on contact.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

Cripes -- at 10 GBP a bottle it better be good.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

It is pricey but I only intend using it for attaching small parts that need a strong bond - to avoid old clumsy hands here  :huh:

upnorth

At prices like that, I'd really be weighing shelf life against how much I'd use the stuff.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

NARSES2

That of course is the unanswered question at the moment

NARSES2

I had an interesting phone call yesterday. The owner of Warglue phoned to check I was happy with the product, which I am. Anyway he explained the "pure glue" bit of the story to me, a bit beyond "O" Level chemistry I'm afraid but then explained that because of the ingrediants the shelf life is 10 YEARS.

It was origionaly produced for the production of this project www.flydroboat.co.ukand it was only when a wargamming friend asked to try some he realised the posible spin-offs.

Anyway currently they are offering buy one get one free until end Jan. Also it's a Preston based company so Thorvic could go and pay them a visit on our behalf  ;D

noxioux

Any chance of a full-blow review?

NARSES2

Quote from: noxioux on January 17, 2009, 09:24:56 AM
Any chance of a full-blow review?

If you use the link in the first post of the thread then you get a lot of testimonials from wargammers.

As for a review then I've found it very good for attaching small parts, especially when working with mixed media (resin/plastic/white metal). Gives a very strong bond and has some "manouver time" until pressure is applied. Not much, you just have to place the part, check it's in position then press down. The applicator remains clear at all times, dosn't clog, which apparently is one of the benefits of not using fillers or bulking agents in the glue. It's these later items that also cause "super glues" to go off apparently, whence the long shelf life. I'm very happy with it, but then I work with mixed media a lot and I still wargame as well

Chris

jcf

I just received my order of War Glue from the UK this afternoon and it does say cyanoacrylate on the bottle.

Interestingly they are looking for non-UK agents/distributors.

I will give it a try later tonight if I have the opportunity.

Jon