XFY-163 Poget (Pogo-Komet) started again

Started by Tophe, November 24, 2008, 07:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have posted an update as I am finishing this model, 2 years after, but... it was falling in the old 2006 Group Build, not announced at all as updated. So I start a new topic here.
(the old one was http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,12121.0.html but reply here if you have comments or suggestions. Thanks)
PS. This will be a twin-glider tail-sitter (with Rocket-Assisted-Take-Off for instance)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Weaver

You really do come from a planet where a "symmetry" is just somewhere to bury people, don't you?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

Poget is finished ;D
(good enough for me, even if not matching your quality standards, sorry...)

PR19_Kit

Tophe,

Even Skeets Coleman would have something to say about flying that device I'm sure. :)

(He was the test pilot of the XFY-1 Pogo who committed himself irrevocably to landing it backwards once he'd taken off. When asked what it was like landing backwards looking over his shoulder he answered 'It was kinda interesting.............'  :lol:)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

All standards welcome here Tophe: it's the idea that counts... :thumbsup: (Why I like the place).

So what's the idea with this one then?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 06, 2008, 01:30:07 AM
Even Skeets Coleman would have something to say about flying that device I'm sure. :)
(He was the test pilot of the XFY-1 Pogo who committed himself irrevocably to landing it backwards once he'd taken off. When asked what it was like landing backwards looking over his shoulder he answered 'It was kinda interesting.............'  :lol:)
Well, I'd like Skeets and his twin-bother to test the XFY-163... Even more scaring interesting than the XFY-1 maybe...

Quote from: Weaver on December 06, 2008, 01:45:40 AM
So what's the idea with this one then?  ;D
For me the idea is a pleasant object, a little absurd, to put on my shelf. If ever this had been intended to fly, this would have been a glider, taking off with rocket-assistance (RATO) and fly in the clouds before landing with parachutes... Am I crazy? maybe but not violent I swear :lol:

Rafael

Quote from: Tophe on December 06, 2008, 02:00:27 AM
For me the idea is a pleasant object, a little absurd, to put on my shelf.......Am I crazy? maybe but not violent I swear :lol:

Those are the real graphic statement which attest to your exquisite lack of sanity. Here's a toast to Tophe's genius!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

noxioux

You must listen to the voices, or they just talk louder.  Besides, quick and dirty is the way you have to roll sometimes.

Is that the 1/100 scale Tamiya Komet?  I have one of those laying around here somewhere that I have no ideas for at all.

Ed S

Looks cool.  I like these models that border on the absurd.  They are a sign of true genius.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

Thanks for the smiles back ;D
The basis was 1/72 Komet (Heller) and 1/72 Pogo (KP). Maybe they are not sold anymore, I bought lots of boxes a long time ago, and I am building them slowly...

Captain Canada

Wow, brilliant work, Tophe ! She'll look great sitting up on your shelf. Mind you, I could send you some Golden Hawk decals to put on, make it look even better !

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

QuoteFor me the idea is a pleasant object, a little absurd, to put on my shelf. If ever this had been intended to fly, this would have been a glider, taking off with rocket-assistance (RATO) and fly in the clouds before landing with parachutes... Am I crazy? maybe but not violent I swear :lol:

Fair enough, although the test pilots might disagree with that last bit...... :wacko:

Actually, I've just been reading the Whiffy awards thread, and painted gold like that, your creation actually looks like a trophy of some kind: Most Random Idea Made Plastic, maybe? You should award it to yourself in a short ceremony and give yourself an acceptance speech......... ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Tophe

Thanks Weaver, to show I am not the worst best in accute delirium... :o :rolleyes:
For test pilots, you should know the first idea was take-off/peasant-flight in the clouds/bailing out to land safely (the plane simply crashing in the sea :huh:), is it better?

Weaver

Quote from: Tophe on December 06, 2008, 11:03:38 PM
Thanks Weaver, to show I am not the worst best in accute delirium... :o :rolleyes:
For test pilots, you should know the first idea was take-off/peasant-flight in the clouds/bailing out to land safely (the plane simply crashing in the sea :huh:), is it better?

Since it's a pleasure flight, perhaps the whole idea is that it's for one test pilot plus his girlfreind? It takes them really high, they bale out on a shared, asymetric parachute and float down admiring the view whilst holding hands... :wub: :wub: :wub: The plane doesn't have to crash either: it can deploy it's own parachutes and floatation bags and get picked up by an asymetrical catermaran recovery ship........... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Very pleasant and amusing Tophe :lol: ;D :thumbsup: As a different type of asymetrical assembly I have in mind the same pairing only one in front of the other :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland