T-90 Battlefield 2 Sytle!(MEC)

Started by Benjo, November 21, 2008, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjo

Heres the pic of my MEC T-90.
Its made to be the same as the one in the game as my conversion set was lacking some things...

Not a very freindly lookin tank!

Benny
Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Just call me Ray

It's in the title :)

Electronic Art's Battlefield 2. A buggy as all bloody hell game as is typical of mid-2000's EA PC products and occasionally some weird hardware driver and BIOS interaction (the Special Forces expansion cost me a fecking DVD drive) but it was still popular and fortunately EA has improved their product support since then.
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

barraxr8

Sweeeeet Benny  :thumbsup:

What kit is that ?

I want to do the Miniarm conversion for the Tamiya T-72 kit, it's expensive though  :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Paul
OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Sauragnmon

I can tell you what it isn't - that's not the ACE T-90 - the road wheels tell me that, not to mention the enhanced, defined detail on the tracks and other parts.  The tracks still look link/length in design though, being so crisp in edging and such I'd be disinclined to believe them vynil, and Dragon doesn't make a T-90 to my knowledge, putting out Dragonstyrene.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Very cool!  :bow: Some shots from above?

Any other plans for vehicles from this game?  :wacko: I certainly hope so! MiG-29! MiG-29! ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

barraxr8

G'day mate !

Dragon don't do a T90. In fact no one does. There are a couple of resin conversions the best one is Miniarm, who do a Turret, a hull conversion, wheels & tracks all seperately. (The turret is $US 52 and the whole lot - to convert a Tamiya T-72M1  - is about $US 200  :rolleyes:).

Not sure it could be a bit of scratch building to convert a T-72 kit, but I'm no expert on Russian / Soviet kits or armor.

:cheers:

OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

barraxr8

BTW I'm assuming it's 1/35, maybe it's not  :banghead:

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Sauragnmon

the T-90 I have is in 1/72, and ACE is the only one in that scale.  It probably does involve a conversion kit, you're right.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Benjo

The guys that made the 3d model in the game made some mistakes, and i followed them simply because my conversion kit was lacking it much of the small detail stuff... but what they did get right was the beautiful 1 peice turret!
plus it was fun to make the game one. Its always fun to make fictional schemes.
Its the A.E.F designs conversion set. 1/35 scale. Ive tried to get some more, as the miniarm set is WAAAAYYY too expensive. as mentioned. it can cost up to $200US to complete, and that it australia could buy me 5 t-72 kits...
Well, afterter doing much research on T-90s, ive gathered these points.... hope this helps.
Some T-90s still use the old T-72 track, which is what i have done, and also what the BAttlefield 2 makers did too...
The Revell 1/35 T-72B W/EDZ is the old dragon kit, which includes the two different kinds of t-72 road wheels! inlcuding the ones that you need for your T-90! so no resin roadwheels required there... And, as your detailing it up with the t-90 bits, especially the front hull, i would choose this kit to base your T-90 on instead of the Tamiya one. Especially because you get plastic link and length tracks, which with some massaging and carefull assembly looks waaaaaay more realistic than rubber band style. its also very crisp in the detail. looks sharp once painted!
Admittedly its not as sharp as the tamiya kit though in the small stuff, but it is a great looking kit when assembled.
Some of them are actually T-72BMs. so some will still use the old big round IR light thing on the front of the turret. Should make an interesting model. they come in almost every config and variation its hard for us to know whats what when looking for good reference material...
I bought some more of the revell kits because i cant get a hold of the AEF designs conversion any more, and will have to scratch build T-7sBM's and T-90's from now on. The revell gives you the T-72B turret, which is the one you need bacuse its bigger than the normal ones. It also gives you the correct sowage boxes and placement of the breather pipe stowage. Its got the heavy armor up front of the turret, and the anti nuclear radiation sheilding up top.
These are pics of my Revel/AEF creation.

The closest i have to a top view.

building...

Having said all that, what an excellent project, the research and reading was as fun and interesting as the building.  
Benny

Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

cthulhu77

Neat tank, love the in progress shot especially !

BlackOps

Haven't played the game but I still love what I see here!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

Nice to see some armour and Russian at that!!!!

I like the conversion. One I'd not considered doing up till now.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

barraxr8

I like your work Benny !

I've ordered the Miniarm stuff  :banghead: I just couldn't help it, but it'll make for a great end result I think (a T-90A with the welded turret)  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)