Where are the SMW piccies?

Started by philp, November 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Guys,
I know you went to Telford, I know you took some pics.  Where the heck are they?

I spent the weekend roaming from forum to forum looking for pics and while I did find a few, there weren't that many Whiffs in them (though the Phantom display looked Phantastic).  Also not that many Armor, Diorama, figures pics (course, the main places I found pics were ARC and Britmodeler).

I need a Telford Whiff fix, please...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Radish

And if the photo guys are anything like me, they're knackered!!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

van883

Here goes-a small selection:

I hope you enjoy them!

Van

philp

Van,
You are the first hero of the day :thumbsup:
Looks like the RAF 100 display came out well.  Lots of neat designs in there.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitbasher

There's stuff on ARC at http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=169744. ;D ;D

PS - is it me or did the test shot of the new Airfix Spit IX look as though the fin and rudder were a tad under scale?  I compared it to the Spit I that was on the Airfix stand and the two didn't quite match up.  Maybe a trick of the light (I hope so), as the new Mk IX looked quite a good offering (an Airfix gnome said it would be around £5.50 when it comes out early next year).  Anyone know anything about the PR19 that's mentioned on Britmodeller (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23185&hl=Telford&st=0)?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Brian da Basher

Thanks a million for posting those Van! Looks like plenty to give the JMNs fits!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: philp on November 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AMGuys,
I know you went to Telford, I know you took some pics.  Where the heck are they?

I spent the weekend roaming from forum to forum looking for pics and while I did find a few, there weren't that many Whiffs in them (though the Phantom display looked Phantastic).  Also not that many Armor, Diorama, figures pics (course, the main places I found pics were ARC and Britmodeler).

I need a Telford Whiff fix, please...
Phil,

modelversium.de has a page devoted to SMW images available for your review at this link: Scale Model World 2008 in Telford
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Thanks Jeff, that is one I hadn't come across yet.  Was looking at one last night with 450 pics on it. 

Gotta ask, is there a Sci-Fi SIG in the UK?  There seems to be very few Sci fi pics posted from Telford but I have seen a few.  Milton Keynes seem to have a couple builders but there was one table that I saw a partial glimps of that I would love to see more.  There was a scratchbuilt rover type of vehicle on a small dio base (think it was yellowish) and a red rocket also on a small dio.  Both looked really nice (at least in the pics) and wonder if there were more on that table or some better shots of those.

Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction/
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: philp on November 20, 2008, 05:01:16 PMThanks Jeff, that is one I hadn't come across yet.  Was looking at one last night with 450 pics on it. 

Gotta ask, is there a Sci-Fi SIG in the UK?  There seems to be very few Sci fi pics posted from Telford but I have seen a few.  Milton Keynes seem to have a couple builders but there was one table that I saw a partial glimps of that I would love to see more.  There was a scratchbuilt rover type of vehicle on a small dio base (think it was yellowish) and a red rocket also on a small dio.  Both looked really nice (at least in the pics) and wonder if there were more on that table or some better shots of those.

Hi Phil,

Glad to be able to provide something useful to the discussion. 

As far as the Science Fiction stuff goes, it might be best to put that question to the members on Starship Modeler forums to see if there is anyone there that can give you an answer or give you a point of contact within their group. 

Who are the characters in this image? We need names to go with the faces.  I think that red headed git in the middle is Geoff B (Thorvic) and the one on the right might be Martin H but I am not well enough acquainted with them to really know for sure. 

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Hey Jeff,
Haven't seen any postings about SMW over on Starship so was hoping someone I know who was at the show would have some data.

Some day I will get back to my Mom's country and get to see it for myself (was only 4 when I came back to the States).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 20, 2008, 05:24:07 AM
Chris, is that the B.10 I flogged you last year?

Yup - with your Mercury engines and spinners from a Revell Wellington
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on November 20, 2008, 05:01:16 PM
  There was a scratchbuilt rover type of vehicle on a small dio base (think it was yellowish) and a red rocket also on a small dio.  Both looked really nice (at least in the pics) and wonder if there were more on that table or some better shots of those.

There were two scratch built spaceship dioramas on that table and they were my favourite models of the show - totally Dan Dare. Unfortunately I didin't have my camera.

As for a UK Sci Fi SIG - there is one and web page link is attached here - seems to be quite old though

http://www.bendenweyr.f9.co.uk/sigweb/
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 21, 2008, 12:20:06 AM

Hi Phil,
Who are the characters in this image? We need names to go with the faces.  I think that red headed git in the middle is Geoff B (Thorvic) and the one on the right might be Martin H but I am not well enough acquainted with them to really know for sure. 

Your'e in troble now  :wacko: ;D

The ginger nut is young Nick new and improved with goatee, the gent to his right is Trevor (Howard of Effingham) and the other is as you surmise our glorious leader Martin

Radish

Lots of photos on Mushroom Models publications, including my J-5A and MiG-3 :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen