F-15 SE (single engine)

Started by Eddie M., November 14, 2008, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I recently recieved a gracious gift from a fine Gentleman on this forum in the shape of a F-15E. This is an idea that was suggested to me and has been floating around my mind for years, but I lacked the know how to make it happen, until now. This is going to end up being the body contour for the engine on the jet. The afterburner ring is an part of a SR-71 Mr. Fontaine sent me long ago and at the last minute, I changed the nozzle that came with an old 1/32 F-4 or F-15E that I had in the spares box. If everything works as I envision it, it will be a brute. ;D

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

illithid00

A single engine F-15? This I've gotta see!  :thumbsup:

pyro-manic

That's going to be one hell of an engine... :blink:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Jeffry Fontaine

Good to see some of those parts getting put to use! 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ChernayaAkula

Single-engine Eagle?  :wacko: That is SOME project!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

And that has got to be SOME engine as well.  Sounds like a great idea.  Can't wait to see more.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

I guess I would love your single-engined F-15. Anyway, I already love your so powerful rocket airliner. :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sotoolslinger

Holy Crap :o :o :blink:I am loving this :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

B777LR

Thats certainly a powerful DC-10 you are working on there :o  ;D

Brian da Basher

WOAH!!!!!!!!

That's so awesome it oughtta be illegal!

I think I know where you're going with this Eddie, but I hope you'll take a moment to consider making it a rocket powered airliner. Assuming you have the parts. And the decals.
If you want some Pan Am markings for it, send me a shout out!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

upnorth

I is totally speachless!!!

Will be watching with MUCH intrest.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

BlackOps

That's the best looking Eagle suppository I've seen all day! ;D Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

A small update to show nothing works as planned in my mind. :rolleyes: The airliner body was going to be too much work, so I found a derelict Thunderbird fuselage from the now dead F-16/ F-117 project. Things are working out well so far. That's a 1/48 ground crew figure to give a sense of the engine size.  ;D  I was in a Black Label Society mood tonight, hence the background. I might add this is a rare CD cover because Johnnie Walker didn't want BLS using their product likeness and had BLS change the cover in mid print. BLS IS the perfect sponsor of Johnnie Walker, but if they don't want to be associated with real  guitar driven heavy music, then it's there loss. :wacko:  :cheers: :drink:

Look behind you!

illithid00

That is one massive engine! I like it!