RAAF typhoon

Started by Sisko, November 09, 2008, 04:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

This is my 2nd Hobby Boss typhoon.

The Decals which were excellent are from the boomerang sheet done by Red Roo decals and the girly nose art is from the starship modeller cheescake sheet I bought a couple of years back.

I decided to give it a real beaten up look using pastels and washes.

This was a little break for me from the mammoth job in building the republic cruiser. Which is still going. I will probably post some pics sometime soon.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

pyro-manic

SHe's a cracker! Love the weathering and paint chipping. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Rat

A great idea that's also well executed!  :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Nicely done.   :thumbsup:   The finish looks really good.  Just enough weathering to be realistic.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

jorel62

Now that looks great...... And I love the babe too.

Rafael

Nice, nice, nice, nice. :wub: :wub: :wub:

A perrrrfect work, and in keeping with Jorel's noseart trend!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

cthulhu77

Most excellent !  Wonderful job on the finish all the way 'round.

BlackOps

Sisko,  She's a real beauty, Your weathering looks great!   :wub:   

I love this kit, goes together quick and easy and still looks great. I think I might pick up another also. I like the Hobbyboss kits for quick "I need a break" builds. Also perfect for 1 week group builds.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Maverick

Very nicely done Stuart, certainly looks like a 'should have' instead of a 'what if'.

Regards,

Mav

SPINNERS

Sweet! Nice weathering too!

Sisko

Cheers fellas.

The hobbyboss kits are certainly fun. With not much effort they can be made to look really good. :thumbsup:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

gunfighter

:lol: I REALLY thought it was the "other" typhoon...
Nice anyway!

bluntie

She's a cracker Sisko!!! man i gotta extract didgit and get some more building done :bow:
my hovercraft is full of eels

Captain Canada

Wow.......is that ever nice ! At first I thought you meant a new Typhoon, and was pleasantly surprised to see a WWII example. Love the weathering, and the white tail really makes her stand out. Great job all around !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?