Post Apocalyptic Train Diorama

Started by Macal, November 06, 2008, 01:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macal

Hi Guys!

A few weeks ago, an other forum started a GroupBuild for Post 3rd World War (Post Apocalyptic) vehicles...
I've decided to make a diorama of a train station, with lots of junk, trash, wrecks, etc...I started to make a train, but I didn't find much information about the train I wanted to build, so I've decided to make two trains :) The first (on the pics) is inspirated by a french made diesel one, use in Uganda nowdays, this will be a wrecked train, the engine from the back were miss...
The main diesel engine will be a Hungarian M32, with some extras like machine guns, grenade launchers, and an AA or Anti tank gun ... :)
The model is 1:35 scale, and 27cm long at the moment...

PS.: Sorry about the huge pix, theres some problem with the pic sharing site...

Hope You'll like it :)

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

I really like that idea! Really interesting topic. :thumbsup: Very imaginative!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

Cool another Macal scratch build masterpiece :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Scratchbuilt locomotive!  Cool.   I'm already impressed.  I look forward to seeing this one as it develops.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

Here he goes again! Prepare to be amazed and astounded, step right up and see the colossal post apocalyptic wonder train!

Great start, just like last time leaving me hungry for more!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

Going to have to keep a weather eye on this build...it looks to be another masterpiece !

Joe C-P

I really like to see such very different ideas on this site. Keep up the work!  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

nev

Another Macal special to watch with intrest!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Macal

Quote from: puddingwrestler on November 06, 2008, 01:29:57 PM
Looking good!

Have you seen the Starship Modelers Post Apocalyptic Road Rally Sudden Death Challenge?
Particularly, DaFrog's Garret?

No, I haven't seen this yet, but thanx for the link! Nice builds there :) Inspirational... :tornado: :tank:
Thanx for the feedbacks! I have to go to make a presentation of modelling/scifi modelling afternoon, and make a live modelling presentation, so there will be more pix tonight, maybe tomorrow... :)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Macal

Macal

Hi All!

As I've wrote before, we started a Group Build on another Forum. The projects theme is a Post World War 3 World
with Anykind of vehicles that nowdays exists, but it has to "Apocalytized" :) I would like to invite AnyOne, who got interested in this projects! Feel free to Join! (You'll have to, cause only members can post replies on this forum :) )
Link:
http://www.attilaproductions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36&sid=48801753aceabb1d82744ee8c843f877

More infos, and Rules Can be Read on the GBs topic.

sotoolslinger

That is some outstanding work right there :wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

General Zod

Outstanding scratch building I wish I had half of your skills  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad