Research Berkut

Started by MartG, November 06, 2008, 06:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartG

Following the success of the joint US/Russian SST research programme in the late 1990s, using the Tupolev Tu-144 airliner, when NASA research into aeroelasticity and control of aircraft with forward swept wings required a new test aircraft with greater growth potential than the old X-29 it was only natural that the programme planners began looking at the Sukhoi S37 Berkut research aircraft. Following lengthy negotiations, the aircraft was repainted ( as the test flights were to be flown in the US, the original livery with red star insignia was decreed politically unsuitable )and flown to NASA's Dryden research facility at Edwards AFB, where a successful series of tests were carried out.

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

cthulhu77

Hey now, that is fun !  Love the colour scheme, it really looks the part.

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Taiidantomcat

Extremely original!  :o nice model!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Great!  Plausible too, given recent collaboration.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Wow is that slick! Love the NASA markings!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

gunfighter

illithid00

That paint scheme is great! I always did like the Berkut.

sotoolslinger

Cool airplane :mellow: and excellent model :wub: Super finish work :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

OK, now that's one I never would have thought of, but it works quite well.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

dragon

Quote from: BlackOps on November 06, 2008, 08:37:11 PM
OK, now that's one I never would have thought of, but it works quite well.  :thumbsup:
Agreed.   :drink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

entlim

oi loikes that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

GTX

Nice - it looks so right.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!