Me-109X-1

Started by TomZ, November 05, 2008, 06:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Taiidantomcat

Wow! nice job, very unique look  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Smooth! Very nicely finished. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Ed S

Nicely done.  It's funny, how much the radial engine disguises the look and the brain says FW-190 instead of Me-109.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Doc Yo

Good looking build, but I can't help but think it would be more at home in hinomarus than hakenkreuz...

NARSES2

Quote from: Doc Yo on November 05, 2008, 01:30:01 PM
Good looking build, but I can't help but think it would be more at home in hinomarus than hakenkreuz...

My thoughts exactly - nice build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

HOG

Hi Tom
Very nice build on an awkward kit,  :thumbsup:
judging by the canopy and the tailplane struts you`ve built the 109V-21, but nice work just the same.
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

TomZ

Hi Gary,

I built the kit out of the box. LF have both a V-21 and an "X" but they tried to do both with the same molds, so the V-21 isn't a V-21 (wrong cowling) and the "X" is not an X. But well..... what if the Germans built an "X" out of an "E"..........

Tom

HOG

Hi`s Agin
How did that kit go together ?. I`m still struggleing with my conversion that seems to be taking forever and am now on the canopy moulding stage.
Did you manage to find any photo`s of the real thing? I`ve been through all my reference and spent hours on the net with nothing top show but 3 pics of the V.21
Once again , nice build
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

TomZ

Gary,

They kit was fairly straightforward to build. Most of the parts look as if they were copied from an injected 109E. There is not very much interior detail. The decals I used come from an old Aeromaster sheet. I haven't found any pictures of the real thing, just like you only the three of the V-21.

Tom

ysi_maniac

I like this odd looking bird
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

Confusing :huh: :blink: I like it :wub:  Gorgeous bird :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.