Messerschmitt Me-109 V-27

Started by TomZ, January 04, 2004, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Also just finished: the autogiro variant of the Me-109E.

Read more about it at : http://www.xs4all.nl/~tozu/l46/L46-me109v27.htm

Regards,

Tom (zuid99)
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Supertom

Aw, nice!  Great job on that Tom.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

Very nice.  And quite original too, I might add :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

:wub: Thanks Tom, I thought I was crazy designing a Mustang helicopter :( , but your Me 109 autogyro introduces wonderfully my mad creations :) . Thanks. :)
Though :( , I fear JMNs :angry:  will disapprove a detail in your Web page about this one : "Focke-Wulf 192" production code for a 1940 project is dubious. The Putnam WW2 German aircraft book says that RLM-code 192 was given in 1937 to Ago company (twin-engined communication aircraft for 6 passengers). But What-if historians were wrong ? I agree completely, dreaming is better...  :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

Tophe,

It's allways reasuring when you find out that you're not the only completely crazy person in the world.  :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up about the 192 number.  :wub:  When I wrote the text I didn't have my references with me and I planned to check later but I forgot.  :dum:
I changed the number in the text to 169, which wasn't assigned according to my references.

Regards,

Tom

Joe C-P

Wow, that's _quite_ original.  :) It could spawn a whole series of similar efforts, though as you note in the article, forward visibility would have been virtually nil.  :blink:

A fine build, as well. I look forward to seeing your other what-ifs!  :cheers:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Radish

Oh, boy!!!!
Wonderful!!!!
Someone gave me a part-started Hobbycraft 1/48th '109E yeasterday, that could appear in this format.....but how about Kriegsmarine??
Superb. :wacko:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Yeah, that is awesome !

I especially like the early 109 scheme you've chosen !

Great stuff !

Toad :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Dear Tom Z, may I include the P-51E below in my forthcoming book (Virtual Mustangs - just waiting for TSR-Joe checking), sending you a free copy as reward ?

Tophe

PS. My book is devoted to plane shapes without pilot inside, the canopy being only an eye, so the rotation axis can go though the "seat", no problem...  

TomZ

Sure Tophe, no problem. Use all you want.

Tom

Martin H

QuoteA fine build, as well. I look forward to seeing your other what-ifs!  :cheers:
You should see his take on Concorde.  Now thats a real eye opener.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.