T

ETPS Starfighter

Started by TLAR, January 04, 2004, 12:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLAR

Here's my Empire Test Pilots School Starfighter F.1, as seen on the IPMS Lincoln display at Telford 2003

More to follow - in due course!

Ian

TLAR

If at first you don't succeed . . . .

Ian

Supertom

Cool beans Ian!  What scale is that?

Welcome to What-If, by the way.  ^_^  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

So was it you that entered the ETPS F-104 into our Brit-o-rama contest a few years back?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

TLAR

Tom, it's basically the Hasegawa 1/48 F-104G kit, with a scheme inspired by a Jennings Helig profile that appeared on HS a few months ago - a combination of home-made and spares box decals.  It was part of a club display which saw 29 Starfighters lined up.  The rest were disappointingly 'real'. but I thought a little creativity would brighten things up!  The display table looked like this :

Nev, I'm afraid not!  Most of my models have propellors - I'm not much into this new-fangled 'fart-tube' stuff.  As a well-known Spitfire display pilot (who flies commercial airliners as the day job) once said to me :  "Give me a screw rather than a blow-job any day!"

Cheers,

Ian

lancer

Hey Ian,
Welcome to the mad house on the web!!! Brilliant version of the worlds fastest pub dart as well....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Hmmmm, one day we'll find out who entered it!

Nice line up of lawn darts btw, almost as good as our line up of TSR2s at the nats!  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Beauty, Ian ! Just beauty !

And welcome to the site !

Man, that table full o' 104s rules !

I see a bunch of CDN birds in there as well, which is always nice !

BTW....some of the nicest prop-jobs of all time can be done CDN, eh ?!

Cheers ! :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Quote"Give me a screw rather than a blow-job any day!"

Well, if THAT isn't Ian's new avatar signature or what?!

Welcome aboard, Ian.  For a guy who's not much into "fart tubes," your missile with a man in it sure looks good.

There must be a balance to the modeling universe: when I began, props were my favorite but I later turned almost exclusively to jets...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.