S

Dornier DO29 Kits?

Started by Squizz, October 23, 2008, 04:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squizz

I hope I haven't put this in the wrong place, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether there is a kit available for the Dornier DO29 VTOL research plane? I had an idea to do a WHIF version of an in service model as I love it's shape.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Squizz on October 23, 2008, 04:10:54 PMI hope I haven't put this in the wrong place, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether there is a kit available for the Dornier DO29 VTOL research plane? I had an idea to do a WHIF version of an in service model as I love it's shape.

You put the inquiry in the correct location unless this becomes a popular subject in which case we can move it to the hot topics forum for general consumption.  For now, it is fine where it is. 

Regarding the Dornier Do-29, I had no idea what you were describing until I performed a search on Google and what little came up did provide an image or two.  For the rest of the inmates, this is what the Do-29 looks like from fore and aft:

Recognition and thanks for the image go out Sigurjon (used to be Galdri) on forums located at PlaneTalk.  I would give credit with his real name if he had provided it. 

Interesting aircraft and it looks like you could modify another Dornier aircraft and kit bash an Ar-234 with it for good measure to get that forward windscreen. 

Additional links found via Google for the Dornier Do-29:

(From Pilot Friend) Dornier's Do-29: A STOLV Ground Breaking Aircraft

(Airliners.net) Do-29
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on October 23, 2008, 07:01:38 PM

Recognition and thanks for the image go out Sigurjon (used to be Galdri) on forums located at PlaneTalk.  I would give credit with his real name if he had provided it. 

That may be his real name, as Sigurjon is a fairly common Icelandic first name.

As to building a model, do the same as Dornier and start with a Do 27 fuselage.

Jon

elmayerle

I seem to remember that someone did a resin kit of the Focke-Achgelis FA-269 and you could "borrow" a lot from that.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

sotoolslinger

That is a cool looking aircraft :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland