The "Under the Influence" GB

Started by Brian da Basher, October 23, 2008, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

I had a really rare day at the office today, so I came home and cracked a Sam Adams. I drink only occaisionally, and practically never after work. The reason is I like to come home and hit the workbench and I don't think a few drinks would improve my skills any.

So I'm drinking this delicious beer and I had an idea:

The "Under the Influence" GB!

Proposed Rules:

GB lasts for one month

Cutting parts from the sprues and any other preparatory tasks that may be dangerous while Under the Influence should be done in advance, while sober.

1. You must post a picture of what you're Under the Influence of: beer, whiskey, espresso, Nyquil, cold medicine, Drano, whatever.

(don't post anything you don't want everyone to see)

Declare what you intend to be Under the Influence of in advance for bonus points!

2. Build your project while Under the Influence.

3. Any model is eligilble so long as you whiff it!

4. Winner(s) determined by votes cast by forum members.

5. There is no Rule #5.

6. Have fun!

Suggestions?

:cheers:

Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Sounds like a real trip.  But I wonder whose going to pay for all those hospital and ER visits to sew up the cuts from X-acto knives?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: sotoolslinger on October 23, 2008, 12:59:48 PM
AHHHHH HA HA I'm in ;D :wub:

Hehehe I should've known. Now to have you be the first one to respond, well that's impressive!
:drink:
Brian da Basher

P.S. Unfortunately, you're on your own for any associated medical costs, Ed. We could add a rule that cutting and preparing parts in advance for safety's sake is allowed and a good idea.

sotoolslinger

HEE HEE My next job don't start till midnight tomorrow. Might as well call this the Drunk Toolslinger GB ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

PanzerWulff

I'm in On a combo of Woodchuck hard cider,Guinness & Johnnie Walker Black Label  :blink: :blink: :blink: !!! No clue as to what i will be able to build and I promise only to use 1 of these beverages per modeling session 
:drink: :party: :drink: :party: :drink:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Captain Canada

Cool ! Looks like every model I've built since 1986 or so would be eligible ! Mind you, to protect the guilty, I'm not snapping any pics of the baggie......

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

So, like, even the painting phase needs to be done while unsober?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Brian da Basher

Quote from: anthonyp on October 23, 2008, 09:01:51 PM
So, like, even the painting phase needs to be done while unsober?

That's the idea! Although being "Under the Influence" spans a fairly wide range from just having a drink to being unable to get up off the floor.
Brian da Basher

Mossie

I'd probably take about a month to build the simplist of kits so does that mean I have to stay p!ssed for that length of time???  I can see the rest of my life going down the pan, although it could be fun! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Under the influence of vapors from Tamiya cement, turpentine oil, ... Would be OK?
Will die without understanding this world.

Joe C-P

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 24, 2008, 09:28:04 AM
Under the influence of vapors from Tamiya cement, turpentine oil, ... Would be OK?

Good point - we all are often under already!  :blink:  :lol:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PanzerWulff

Quote from: JoeP on October 24, 2008, 01:25:30 PM
Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 24, 2008, 09:28:04 AM
Good point - we all are often under already!  :blink:  :lol:
Or Extremely Large amounts of CAFFIENE!!! Like Eddie Miller's cat here

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Brian da Basher

Well then original idea was that you can be Under the Influence of anything. I like the idea of leaving that part undefined.

While I can understand the temptation to stay sauced for the entire month this proposed GB would run, you actually only need be Under the Influence while working on your entry.

What do you think about awarding bonus points for posts made while Under the Influence to your project's build thread?

I think I need a drink now.
Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

Quote from: Ed S on October 23, 2008, 01:00:37 PM
Sounds like a real trip.  But I wonder whose going to pay for all those hospital and ER visits to sew up the cuts from X-acto knives?

Ed

Yeah uh, seeing how I saw into my palms often enough while sober.... I'd participate with nothing sharper than some old nailclippers to get the sprues off. :blink:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.