Are you Sure man? (Sherman)GB idea

Started by PanzerWulff, October 15, 2008, 07:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I know we are primarily aircraft fanatics here But we do have some Ground Slug Treadheads as well.I was thinking of a build based around A iconic WWII tank the M-4 Sherman,There are about a Kazillion different sherman kits out there.the premise is take a sherman Any type any nationality,make any Improvements you see fit for any timeframe from WWII to today (heck the Israelis were still using them in the 80's) so think like A ground pounder and upgrade your Sherman :tank:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

philp

My JagdSherman would fit perfectly in this.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

Had an idea for an AA Sherman - twin 37 or 40mm in the turret.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

nev

Why limit yourself to WW2 to today?  Theres a whole universe of Sherman whiffs out there ;)

I still have the hull & turret of my Matchbox firefly which I'm sure I can put to good use.  Israeli close support?  Moonbase terran recon?  Imperial Roman?

As the Spitfire GB is showing, peeps here have a wild imagination...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Quote from: nev on October 16, 2008, 09:35:46 AM
Why limit yourself to WW2 to today?  Theres a whole universe of Sherman whiffs out there ;)

I still have the hull & turret of my Matchbox firefly which I'm sure I can put to good use.  Israeli close support?  Moonbase terran recon?  Imperial Roman?

As the Spitfire GB is showing, peeps here have a wild imagination...

Good point - if you take the turret off, the early (cast) Sherman hull has a very Gerry Anderson look to it. Couple of domes and a dish aerial and it'd make a cracking moon vehicle......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Starship Modeler's second build something into something else was the Sherminator Challenge - use a Sherman as a donor kit and build something which has recognisable sherman parts, but is not a sherman. It sort of never got off the ground (unlike the SF109 challenge)
I'd be doing something in that vein.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

There is also my Sherman based Mech I wanted to try.  Need a good donor kit for legs (and maybe arms).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

They did something like this on Starship modeller.

I have always wanted to do a JagSherman
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

bluedonkey99

JCC in France has turned  a Cheiften into a Space 1999 wagon!
Wilse his site is in french, he does do a wide range of modelling, with regular whifs
http://modelstories.free.fr/

full build here:
http://modelstories.free.fr/analyses/avions/MS2008_07P/SCRH_Alphatank_Eagle/index.html

from this!

to this !

Weaver

How about a Sherminated Ogre?  :wacko:

Two Shermans provide their hulls and turrets to make the front section and main batteries, and six Stuarts (yes, I know this is getting pricey) provide the secondary batteries and the multiple track units. The mast is the one from an old Airfix stand, which supports the head of a submarine-style periscope that goes straight down into the hull.......... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Yeah I know this is the wrong thread..... but seen in PA. or maybe NY TODAY

Does need a bigger gun don't it. ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

PanzerWulff

from the suspention it appears to be a earlier M-4 with the low velocity 75mm it was great for infantry support (blasting baddies out of houses,bunkers and such) but was a peashooter against armor like a panther or tiger would have. It reminds me of the one at Patton park in Hamilton/whenam not too far from my town it's also a early sherman but with the added armor patches on the sides of the hull and a different mantlet.Verry cool pics Slinger :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

General Zod

When will it start and end? I have some 1/48 WHIF I would love to try on the Sherman However,I am waiting until the A2 late hull conversion comes out

I'd like to build an M4A2 105mm type-Japan invasion

M4A2E8 with a 90mm Pershing turret
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Daryl J.

Somehow the turret of the Sherman has reminded me of the head of some mechanical elephant....... :blink: :blink: :blink:

How about a tandem At-At and then the firefly 'head' to make the beast.

Daryl J., rather strained after a rugged week in the desert.....