Ok let the Blasphmey Begin......

Started by PanzerWulff, October 14, 2008, 01:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

While pondering over one of my Spitfire kits my eye was drawn to the yellow stripe on the wings leading edge.So i got thinking "Hmmmm the Zero had similar wing markings." so I got to thinking how would a Spit look in that beautiful glossy IJN Green so my academy 1/72 Spitfire Mk XIV will be japanese  :blink: .As was said when I built my IJN Corsair "I am a repeat offender I shall offend again" Well it is time to offend again.All flaming comments,cries of blasphemy & herecy,and death threats will be accepted and ENJOYED!!! :wacko:
Thank you verry much
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Brian da Basher

It's that kind of thinking that indicates you truly belong here in the asylum with the rest of us, Panzer! I can't wait to see your IJAAF Spitfire!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

jorel62

The Rat

Blasphemy is a blast for me, hit the bench!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ed S

"Blasphemy"?  I think all of us here have done something blasphemous.  And there are sure to be some JMN's who consider everything we do here as blasphemy.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

This is not blasphemy. You're just changing the paint job. It's not blasphemy until you cut styrene, change the shape, fit a radial engine, planing hull flying boat fuselage, auxillary jet engines, and steam-punk style portholes instead of a cockpit.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Ed S

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 14, 2008, 02:23:28 PM
This is not blasphemy. You're just changing the paint job. It's not blasphemy until you cut styrene, change the shape, fit a radial engine, planing hull flying boat fuselage, auxillary jet engines, and steam-punk style portholes instead of a cockpit.

Are we going to see this in the Spitfire GB?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

Porbably not, I'm out of spitfires and on an SF kick anyway...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

PanzerWulff

Well I have the pit painted and assembled and the interior (wheel wells cockpit sidewalls etc) basecoated with my home made Aotake mix (a combo of 2 parts Turquoise,2 parts hunter green,1 part silver acrylic paints mixed with about 4 to 5 parts Future for transparency & Gloss) i just need to give it a wash to make the details pop.I also assembled the wings. Hopefully I can get some pics of the pit tomorrow before buttoning up the fuselage
"Panzer"

deathjester

I saw a documentary about the Spitfire a while ago, whereupon I heard that when the Spitfire was unveiled, the Japanese tried to buy one!
I wonder what they were going to do with it.....?

gooberliberation

Well, at least you'd get to keep the yellow leading edges on the wings ;D
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

dragon

Not bad.
However I would think JMN baiting would be so much more fun if you used an FW-190 or a BF-109 of some kind.  Those Luftwaffe types take themselves waaaay too seriously and are therefore so much more fun to bait.  I got some interesting reactions to my Japanese HO-229 from those types (say, were you just mumbling in something other than english?), imagine if I would have painted it in US NAVY colors...
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Mossie

And who's to say the IJAAF didn't have any Spitfire's?  I'm sure a couple were captured & it's not beyond the realms of imagination for one to be pressed into emergency service.  Could make for a bit of head scratching in fact.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

dragon

Then again you could always claim that the Spitfire is painted that way due to a secret mission of some sort in order to fool the Japanese until it is too late.  Say it is piloted by Royal Navy Pilot Andrew Bond and the Mission's Intelligence Liason being Ian Fleming.   :cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

PanzerWulff

Well things went well got pics of the pit Closed it up added wings and tail got pics of all go to download them to the comp and guess what  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: I cant find the &#$@^&$%&()$##$^ Transfer Wire  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hopefully I can find it today when my nephew comes over for the weekend I swear he can find ANYTHING
"Panzer"