B-47K Stratojet

Started by MartG, October 13, 2008, 02:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartG

Well, as mentioned in the Hague Convention thread (  http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21639.0.html ), barred from basing units in the UK during the cold war, in the 1950s a number of USAF aircraft were transferred to RAF 'ownership', including the Boeing B-47 StratoJet depicted here. Changes to the basic US version were limited to the fitment of compatible radio equipment, the ability to carry some UK weapons ( e.g. Red Beard ) and the addition of a refuelling probe.

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

That's gotta be the most gorgeous B-47 I've ever seen, Mart! That anti-flash scheme and RAF markings are really sharp and look natural on the Stratojet!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

kitnut617

Isn't it strange when certain aircraft get a paint job, it changes the whole look of the aircraft.  Beautiful job BTW  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jorel62

Captain Canada

Wow...is that ever a cool looking bird ! Love how she looks in that colour. I have to agree with Robert, it certainly changes the a/c's look ! It also really makes all the bits stand out, the radar etc....and it also makes it look like a real 'sports car'. And great job on getting all the wheels to touch the ground at the same time....that must have been tough !

Now, is that the HobbyCraft kit ? And are there any plans on a late service air-air refueler in the build queue ?

:cheers: :wub: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MartG

Joe C-P

Very nice! She looks good in that paint scheme.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

noxioux

VERY nice.  The glossy white finish is stunning.

I built one of these 'gawa B-47's a couple years back.  I wasn't really too impressed with the kit, but you did a great job here. :cheers:

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

Outstanding, She looks great.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ed S

A nice, simple, clean build.  Looks good.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Stitch_83

Really nice - reminds me of an Americanised Valiant
Stuart

MartG

Quote from: Stitch_83 on October 14, 2008, 11:42:59 AM
reminds me of an Americanised Valiant

Hmmmmm...... Eyes Valiant kit in the corner......

SPINNERS

Sweet!

What did the RAF call these? How about a 'V' name?

Vindicator B.1?