New Battlestar Galactic Vipers

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 02, 2004, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Knowing that there are some fellow Sci-Fi fans on the board, thought I'd share some outstanding 3D renderings of the new Vipers.

Yes, there is a lot of controversy over the "remake" of the old series into a new mini-series that drastically revised the original, and here comes Wooksta now:  "Battlestar Galactica----why that was all poo-poo (with an english accent)!  poo-poo (with an english accent) designs, poo-poo (with an english accent) storylines, poo-poo (with an english accent) characters, poo-poo (with an english accent) SFX, poo-poo (with an english accent) music..."

Ahhh, warms my heart.

Take a look.  I've included a link to the artist's (Gabe Koerner) own site as well.  Check out his "Reel" for a complete 360 of the Viper as well as a futuristic flight through a skyscraper scenario that would impress even Lucasfilm!

http://www.gabekoerner.com/fx/index.htm#
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Another view.
What a hotrod!

"I've really got to get my vacforming machine done!" ™

nev

Those are CG renders???  Looks awfully like a model to me......great stuff!

[annoying Sci-fi JMN mode]  why does a space ship that flies around in the vacuum of space need air intakes for its engines? [/annoying Sci-fi JMN mode]
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Answer to Annoying JMN mode. Because Colonial Vipers have atmospheric capability as well... :D  :D  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I Wnt ONE!!!!! Preferably in 72nd scale.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Yeah, that is sweet !

One tough looking hotrod, for sure....

and yes, bring on the 72nd scale kit !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Skorpio

Oddly, I have a soft spot for Galactica, as the FX were superb, especially the Galactica and the other Battlestars.  However, the series was let down with the scripting, although it was an ambitious vision.  

And I have to say that I prefer the original Vipers.  There's something not quite right abut that new one.

Supertom

Wait 'till you see the newer generation Vipers!  The Viper you see there is the Mk.II, used in the previous war.  There is a newer generation Viper in the story in the new Battlestar Galactica, kinda like an organic cross between the Viper and an F-16.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

retro_seventies

mmmmmmmmmm lovely....

i'm with lancer, i want one too!

well, several actually....we'll have to wait and see if anybody makes one though,m eh?

lancer, you think that the viper fx were good in the original? tom's right...just wait until you see the new one...fantastic flight scenes...

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWait 'till you see the newer generation Vipers!  The Viper you see there is the Mk.II, used in the previous war.  There is a newer generation Viper in the story in the new Battlestar Galactica, kinda like an organic cross between the Viper and an F-16.
Wha-----?!  Where are the pictures, man?!?!

I believe this 4-hr mini-series was not picked up by a single
Canadian source, not even "Space Network."

So I'm outta luck.

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

lancer

The MkVII Viper certainly looks sweet, but I gotta admit to preferring the Mk's I & II better. Still, if they get moulded, OR resin Cast, I'll buy them.

viper29_ca

This is to everyone in Canada that may be looking forward to seeing this mini series.....I was watching the Space Network the other day and they advertised it to be on Jan 16 & 17 or 17 & 18....

So there is hope yet....I am sure that the Space Network web page must have someting about it!!

Going there now to look!!!

Went to the Space Channel Web Site Space Channel
And tracked down this.....Battlestar GalacticaTells you when and what time!!

Hope this helps....!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

John Howling Mouse

Thanks to both Retro70's and Viper29---we owe you one!!!

retro_seventies

as always barry, you are very very welcome