Very Short Sunderland
Medium Sunderland
Long Sunderland

The STIRLING family:

Short Stirling
Very Short Stirling
Medium Stirling
Long Stirling

There are other aircraft types that I'm sure (ha!!!) were licence-built by Short Brothers (all dwarfish in stature).
Perhaps some information could come to light in this thread..
The Very Short Sunderland I built a few years back (Irish Air Corps, all-black "Nosferatu Sqn", crewed by Vampires) is now deceased (even though it was crewed by undead!!) but will be re-created.
The Very Short Stirling is to be built after Telford SMW09...I have the kit.

What else could be done?
Suggestions please dependant on a 1/72nd kit being available!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

It's little known that Short licence built several Japanese aircraft, despite Britian being at war with that country!

A lengthened Mitsubishi Ki.21 became the Long Tall Sally. (MPM kit)
A Ki.67 with stalky undercarriage became Short Leggy Peggy. (Hasegawa kit)
The Watanabe E9W1 with a thinned fuselage became the Short Slim. (A+V resin kit)

It's a shame there wasn't a John, you could have an aluminium doped 'Long John Silver'! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

Here's a picture from my files of the Mitsubishi zero-length Zero:

Should be a simple build.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

I'm sure we've already had this discussion, but since it's silly, I have no problem with resurrecting it..... :wacko:

Couple of profiles I did for the last one:

Very Short Sunderland

Very Short Skyvan

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

Quote from: The Rat on October 09, 2008, 05:26:32 AM

Really is zero length......:unsure:

Just rembered another version of the E9W1 with a fattened  fuselage, the Fat Boy Slim.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: The Rat on October 09, 2008, 05:26:32 AM

The engineers here keep calling up part numbers like SP71-400, which is basically a rivet of zero length. I keep offering them a billion per handful for free, but curiously enough, they always change the part number instead. Seemed like a bargain to me....... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

Sauragnmon

Weaver, that reminds me of a tale, not to get too off track, from my grandfather, who used to work for the National Research Council.  At one point, they were expected to work on the MILSPEC system up here in Canada, where all the part designations started with MIL- and went from there.  The problem was, their reference, and what the boys down in the machine shops had, didn't match up, so they'd send down for a precision altimeter, and get something completely different.  Well, my grandfather, and some of the boys in his section, turned around and when they had a part to submit for fabrication, they slapped the designation MILTFD41 on it.  After a while, one of the machinists came up and said "I'm not familiar with this designation..." to which my grandfather et al responded with "Make it like the f*cking drawing for once!"
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Radish

"Long Tall Sally" sounds a terrific idea.
A friend had a go at a "Lily"....edged in gold...a Gilded Lily. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

elmayerle

*chuckle* Got to nearly do an Elvis number once with a couple rejection codes from MRB (Material Review Board - deals with dsicrepant parts), the two codes I used translated out to "Return to Vendor, Address Unknown". :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

puddingwrestler

How about something using a Shorts take-off and landing (ie: a machine which wears short trousers in flight, but has to take them off for landing and take off...

exits pursued by Daleks in a short Seamew (now theres a plane which needs no help to look silly!)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

JoeP

Quote from: Mossie on October 09, 2008, 04:36:11 AM
It's a shame there wasn't a John, you could have an aluminium doped 'Long John Silver'! :lol:

Well, you might paint up an old US Army gun as his cousin, Long Tom Silver.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PanzerWulff

How about a Pink B-29 with a guy in drag as nose art =Voila "The Enola GAY"
Screw the coat I'm outa here!!!
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Daryl J.

So the English and the French got along for once and designed the Very Short Pou du Ceil.

Keeping full length and span but reduced in height by some 55% or so, the Very Short Comet flew a time or two.

Daryl J., joining the wackery after a very long work week and long 200 mile drive home...........

Weaver

You could always shorten an A-7 Corsair and call it the F***ing Little Ugly F***er, or FLUF for short.....

- Indiana Jones '

B777LR

Quote from: Radish on October 09, 2008, 03:37:42 AM

The STIRLING family:

Very Short Stirling

Now theres an aircraft that screams at being shorter. The much too long fuselage screams ugly right into your face!