Hello from a newbie

Started by chrisonord, October 05, 2008, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Hello fellow non conformists, I too have a problem with build a kit how it should look on the box lid lol.
I build 1/72nd scale modern U.S marine/navy stuff and modern Russian stuff.I have modded most of the models I have made, be a weapons up grade or a complete change of look or purpose, I always look further into what I can do with a kit before I buy it. Here is an F-84 that I changed into a counter insurgency aircraft. I have quite a few other aircraft in the "victim" list.
Well I have tried to post my pictures but they are too big.... great I will see what I can do.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

Right I am going to try this again, here goes.

There I hope this works lol!!

sotoolslinger

Welcome  ;D and cool :mellow: You got great ideas , cool models ,sucko pics :blink: What kind of camera are you using? We need more stuff from you. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

Problem with the pics is that the camera's focussing on the background, rather than the model! Try using a big piece of paper, or a plain sheet or something as a backdrop, then the camera should focus on the model. :)

Looks cool from what I can see! Needs some markings, though - is it a USAF machine, or another country?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Hi there and welcome!  :thumbsup: Looks an interesting plane, and quite close to some real projects, of course. The cammo looks good too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Rafael

Welcome, Chris!!!

That's an awesome model you have there. Great idea and execution :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ed S

Hello Chrisonord.  I like what you've done with the F-84.  Looks like you'll fit right in here.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

chrisonord

Thankyou for the comments people, yes I know, the pictures are dire, but my camera is also!! I will have another go at taking some pictures of it when I photo some of my other creations. As for markings for the plane, well it is still on the market for an operator so as yet I have to decide on who's markings it will have. I have a few more that need markings so I will have to start making a decision soon. I have another F-84 to convert also, but I am in need of propellers for it, so it is sat waiting,in the meantime I am doing a V-22 gunship with a 40 mm bofors, 25 mm 3 barrel cannon and a home made 20 mm gatling gun.
Cheers, Chris

chrisonord

Well.... I took some more pictures earlier, and on the camera they looked ok....but they are again fairly crap!!
But I havn't got a decent camera and where I wanted to take the pics(outside) is too windy today. Hopefully you can see them reasonably ok, but be warned the pics are not very good.
Chris AKA crapper snapper lol.

chrisonord

yep they look terrible lol. I am going to ask for a new good camera for Christmas I think, then I can take better pictures.
I bought this camera as it was cheap, because I have drowned my last camera in Lake Coniston whilst fishing there.
Chris.

The Rat

Quote from: chrisonord on October 06, 2008, 03:38:59 AMChris AKA crapper snapper lol.

This might be the earliest that any of us has said "Supertom, I think we know what goes under his avatar..."  ;D

Welcome to the madness Chris, just keep practising with that camera.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

I have to agree with 'Slinger.....you're just too close to the models. The background ( in the outdoor pics, where there's light ) is in focus. Stand back a little and just crop the pics before you post 'em...as I'd really like to see them properly ! Love the F-84, and a few of those choppers, and definately those twin engined turboprops !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Quote from: The Rat on October 06, 2008, 04:39:50 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on October 06, 2008, 03:38:59 AMChris AKA crapper snapper lol.
This might be the earliest that any of us has said "Supertom, I think we know what goes under his avatar..."  ;D

AGREED!!! :thumbsup:

chrisonord

I will ask my friend if I can borrow his camera,then I will take the pictures again for you. I have taken loads of pictures of other stuff and they have turned out ok. Maybe my camouflage schemes are just too good????
Chris.

BlackOps

Chris, looks like you've got a nice assortment of builds there. I also agree, if you get further back and use stronger lighting your photos will come out sharper. Look forward to seeing more of your work  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.