entry #3: My personal "pimped out" spitfire

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 02, 2008, 09:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

its a little change of plan from what i was orriginally planning.
instead of a maretime attack version (MRA.30), im gonna build a private spitfire.
maybe some speakers on the side, racing stripes, a twin 3-bladed contra-rotating prop.,.....

was thinking i would paint it in white, with blue wings and a belgian tri-color trim.
as for the serial, i was thinking the Belgian serial OO-NLS  :mellow: (obvious  :rolleyes:)

the model i will be using is a revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk.5 and i still have a trop-filter in spares.
i already build the prop using the 1 from the revell kit and the leftover from the airfix mk1 kit.
maybe add some engine bumps for a griffon engine  ;D

i wonder what options i would take with this one  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

puddingwrestler

It'll need custom landing gear fitted with rims to be considered pimped! And giant chrome exhausts, leather interior in wild shades and somewhere for your ho to sit... And it must be flown in a pimp suit with flying goggles. Obviously.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Sauragnmon

For Shame! Both of you forgot the necessity - Fuzzy Dice!  Fuzzy Dice are a must!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

Spoiler and "airdam" above the trailing edge of the tailplanes, and below the leading edge of the wing. MAX POWER stickers and a tinted strip around the top of the canopy/windscreen. Lots of extra "landing lights"..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

puddingwrestler

Underbody, strip neon landing lights in... interesting colours...
Carbon Fibre bonnet, nodding head dog on the parcel shelf...

Sauragnmon

And spinners on the landing gears!!!

Dude, that makes me want to pimp out a bird...have to think of which one though..  I'll do that if the Pimp My Ride GB kicks off, or once I've done a couple other Artistic builds I have in plan.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

puddingwrestler

I beleive Lindberg used to offer a line of Customizing plane kits, along the lines of the Customizing car kits. They came with heavily chromed go-fast parts and custom body panels... ;D