Airliners : "What If they were still Flying?"

Started by Glenn, September 30, 2008, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

A new thread while I give the Projects a break. The airliners on this page don't fly any more, mores the pity. I've started with a 1/48th 'Ladndad' AVRO 504N...the first Qantas aircraft. Originally belonging to the RAAF, given to the new airline to get the ball rolling. There is a replica of this aircraft at the Qantas museum at Longreach.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Glenn your talent and skill never cease to amaze and inspire me! The rigging on this beauty is absolutely masterful as is your imaginative use of diverse modelling mediums.

Outstanding!!!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Here we have the Airfix 1/144 Boeing 314 'Clipper' with Minicraft decals. The sunlight on the fuselage is actual sunlight. Shot on its stand, and removed with PhotoShop.
Glenn

cthulhu77

Sisko

Great stuff Glenn! :thumbsup:

My local hobby shop has the minicraft boxing of the spruce goose in TWA markings. This has given me inspiration!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Glenn

One more shot of the Clipper, before I move on to 'D'.
Glenn

Glenn

Sorry, a couple more 'C' airliners....the Revell 1/128th Super Connie. The decals, Qantas were too thick and took a lot of fixing...the backdrop is painted..sky and clouds.
Glenn

Glenn

This is a 1/100sc Polish Paper model of the Messerschmitt M-20 airliner of Lufthansa in the late 1920's.
Glenn

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Those are some gorgeous airliners, Glenn! It's always a treat to see some civilian stuff here and your work is always a delight!

That Qantas Connie is really sharp!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Glenn

Brian...back on the Qantas theme, and back with the 504. Shooting a model on the ground is twice as hard as in the air....ground, background, figures...making it look as real as you can....enough to make you pop a XXXX!
Glenn