UCAV scale 'o' rama

Started by Eddie M., September 27, 2008, 07:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

All of the sci-fi goin' on around here got me to diggin' around in some of the long forgotten bags of bits and pieces and I came up with this. It started out with the 1/72 SR-71 drone, 1/48 Raptor wing tips and a few other goodies that I'll point out when I'm done.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Very clever!  :thumbsup: I never know what to do with those spare drones!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

Me too!!   :lol:

Great looking UCAV!!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents. That drone has been sitting in the dark corner of a drawer for the better part of 2 years. I wanted something that could slap together in a couple of days and will be done by tonight (hopefully;D)
Look behind you!

BlackOps

I've been wondering what that droning sound in the background was for the last few years  ;D

I like the look, another winner  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Due to my computer problems, it's been a while since I'v posted any progress. I finally finished this little monster. I'm using the undercarriage of the X-15 so it would have something to sit on while the "skids" are retracted. ;D

...and compared to a 1/72 F-20
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Neato, just barely caught this before bed :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Fantastically whatiffed goodness !!!  I dig how it looks, quite believable, very cool.  Nice matte black finish too.   :wub:

BlackOps

That's one of the coolest recon cruise missles I've ever seen!  ;D 

I like the look of this quite a bit  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Brian da Basher

That's one of the slickest UCAVs to come along in a while, Eddie! I love the all black scheme and red and white markings, especially the shark's mouth! This one has Intimidator written all over it!

Hot stuff!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen! With all the distractions going on here, you're thoughts are very appreciated.
Look behind you!

kitbasher

Anyone for a UCAV/UAV GB in 2009/2010? ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter