Black and Yellow, Yellow and Red Squadrons

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 27, 2008, 01:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Looking for pics of squadrons from all over the globe that use these colors, here is what i have so far:

Haven't found as much in the yellow and red category, but i was hoping someone might know a few.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

800 Sqn RNAS

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/types/uk/bae_systems/sea_harrier/0953523.jpg

It includes black along with yellow and red, so I dont know if it counts in regard to your question, but IV Sqn RAF also has red and yellow.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/organisation/4squadron.cfm
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Taiidantomcat

Thanks AeroplaneDriver! Nice harriers  :wub:

Found this sqn. as well

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

How did i forget no.92 squadron?  :huh:

Thanks for all of these Aero!  :thumbsup:

nev

11 Squadron RAF

306 Squadron JASDF

8 Squadron JASDF

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

Thanks Nev...where have i seen that 306 marking before??

jcf

Michigan Air National Guard

Some F-86D:
Colorado ANG

Hawaii ANG

Iowa ANG

Jon

jcf

upnorth

Off the top of my head some Canadian units for black and yellow include: 428, 439 and 445 none of which I belive are currently active

if you want a Canadian unit for red and yellow, 433 is it. I couldn't find a picture online but their aircraft were pretty flamboyant back in the CF-100 era.

221 Squadron of the Czech air force is a black and yellow unit but don't generally make their colours obvious on their aircraft. Here's one with a unit badge on the nose:

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Spey_Phantom

here's one with all 3 colors,
a Belgian F-16AM  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Nice F-16, And Jon those F-86Ds are amazing, never seen anything like those
VF-21 and VF-33:

Keep em coming folks! and thank you :thumbsup:

nev

Another with yellow black and red - T-4 of 32 Training Squadron, JASDF

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

The RAF's 56 Sqn colours are red & white, but the phoenix squadron badge is red & yellow & I couldn't go without posting this fantastic special scheme:

63 Sqn:

68 Sqn has black & yellow, with blue in it as well:

A tentative one, but 51 Sqn's red goose has a yellow beak!

264 Sqn:

Do Llanbedr drones count, not a squadron as such but still an operational unit whose aircraft are overall yellow & red:

Another from VF-21, thought it was worth including, always liked the sharkmouths on the F11F:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

The FAA seems to go crazy for yellow & black!

849 NAS stripes & bee marking:

803 NAS checks:

890 NAS witch on broomstick:

Three of my own profiles, but all based on real squadron markings:

767NAS:

These two use animials for their squadron markings, which have prodominantly black & yellow:

804 NAS's Tiger & Dagger:

897 NAS's Tern's head:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.