T-72, T-80, T-90, T-95 Black Eagle family of vehicles

Started by Sauragnmon, September 26, 2008, 10:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Figured I'd open a topic here, at the very least for suggestions and collaborations on alternate camo schemes.  I've seen a handful of pictures, but I'd be damned if I can find them now.  Alternately, any suggestions that might be suggested for T-72 related projects.  I was originally going to put up a T-90 thread, then I figured why not go for the T-72 as well, but hey.

I'm just trying to find something other than the tan/brown or tan/green camo right now, my T-90 is sitting half started, and I don't want to work more because I want to make an interesting looking camo.  Anybody has a profile suggestion, go ahead and drop it here too.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

pyro-manic

Berlin Brigade? That always looks good. :) Or one of the Scandinavian winter camo schemes (Finnish maybe?).
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

How about a Kenyan one? A friend e-mailed me a TV report about a Ukrainian freighter that was hijacked off the coast of Somalia. It was carrying 30 MBTs and was on the way to Kenya. Don't know whether these tanks (no further type specified, but I'd assume it's something T-72...) were supposed to be for the Kenyan Army, but their Vickers Mk3s sur ecould use replacement.

So how about an East African T-72? :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Well, I got it in my head last night for a scheme to use, and it's mostly an urban-style colour pattern I'm going to be applying - light grey base, dark green, and because I just got it and haven't used it, German Field Grey.  I'll give that a test run on the hull before I go ahead and declare it a success, I'll snap a shot and get opinions as well.

If anybody we have on the board wants to pop me a Kenyan scheme idea, I might just go for that too.  I'm not sure I have colours on hand suitable for a Berlin Brigade scheme though.  Jungle scheme sounds interesting, I might apply that on my TOS-1, after all, that thing's thermobaric warheads would be quite useful in a jungle for clearing chunks of heavily wooded terrain in short order.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Sauragnmon

Alright, first paint coat's down, I'll clean it up if I decide to keep it up, there's a few gaps in it.  Green and Field Grey blend a little too much, unless you pay attention, so it has an interesting shadowing effect on the green because of the close darkness of the colours.

Thoughts, questions, comments, queries, rude remarks welcome.

ysi_maniac

I have had this project in my wish list for years. But some did it already and very WELL indeed: :banghead: :blink:
Here is 1/72 model of this tank, built by one Russian modeller with some parts of Revell T-80:
http://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=3016
http://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=3017
Will die without understanding this world.

JayBee

Now I do not realy get into things that do not have wings, but I do recognise one Hell of a tank when I see one.
Please will somebody do a kit so I can WhIf it.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Madoc

Wow!

As is always the case with such extensive scratchbuilt details it seems a damn shame to put paint on all that work!

Nicely done!  Thanks for sharing the link to it.

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Weaver

He put raised rivets on a 1/72nd..... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Lovely piece of work!  :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Wow!  :o Awesome!  :bow:

EDIT: Thinking about "Black Eagle", I remembered they were referenced in "Total War 2006" by Simon Pearson. Google promptly came up with this: T-100 "BLACK EAGLE". It seems it was a prototype for a new MBT for the Russian Army.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dy031101

Take the Slovakian T-72M1 Moderna and the Ukrainian T-72-120 MBTs.

Do both tanks still base their modification on stock T-72 turret?

I was originally planning to at Logan Harke's Geriatric Military thread do a "kitbashing", combining the T-72M1 Moderna's twin 20mm cannons together with T-72-120's 120mm gun and bustle autoloader...... would be easier to imagine if both "sources of parts" are straightforward modifications of stock T-72 turrets......
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

dy031101

Does anyone know the turret ring size of the T-72?

Hum...... what if the Leopard 2 turret can be as GTX suggested installed onto T-72 hull?  It'll look a lot like the Indian Tank-EX if the A4 turret is used.

Speaking of which, Tank-EX was quite an interesting item, too...... I've always found the idea of using turrets of an elite indigenous or import tank to upgrade relatively aging ones to be infinitely cool.  Ajeya MK2 looks too plain for me.  ;D
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here