F-29A markings suggestions?

Started by madcatter, September 25, 2008, 12:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcatter

WWII is my bread and butter, real world or whif.  But I like to have something like this in progress for those 'off-days.'

Anyway, I'm stuck here at markings and looking for suggestions.  I have a whole line up of modern fighters I plan to add to some hypothetical scenerio of some sort.  I'm thinking along the lines of the Ace Combat series of games.  I've also considered a private-contractor force based, for example on some remote island(s) tucked away in the Pacific.  Whether it's a fresh idea or just a supplement into someones else's whif-world I don't care.  I'm basically limited to black markings with my printing equipment as colors are too transparent.

Any ideas?

-N8

gooberliberation

Sometimes if you double up, you can make home-made color decals opaque enough to work.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Mossie

Rather than printing your own decals, you could combine decals from two or more existing nations create something new.  This is especially easy when you get roundels that come in two parts to avoid regisration problems.  Find colours you like & swap a star instead of circle.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MartG

Quote from: madcatter on September 25, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
I'm basically limited to black markings with my printing equipment as colors are too transparent.

Given the colour scheme ( excellent job BTW ) all black low viz variations of almost any national markings would look good
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Shasper

US Navy Adversary comes to mind . . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ysi_maniac

From an old thread about comunist Britain. I can be done with an actual RAF roundel and a soviet red star. Just a posibility :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sauragnmon

Another alternative is to add your decal of choice, paint it in colour, and use a fine detailing brush, like my 5/0 brush I have, and go over the decal with appropriate colours.  Use it as a stenciled guide.

Alternately, as the boys already suggested, with a colour scheme like that, you could do grayscale lowvis markings of your choice and it'd blend in real easy.  Though I agree more with an Aggressor squadron for that kind of scheme, it's so vibrant it screams Aggressor plain.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Captain Canada

Black USAF markings....with some yellow and black checkers. That's what I first thought when I saw the pic. Great paintwork, btw !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Outstanding paintwork! Seems to be crying out for Iron Crosses if you ask me.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher