Some incredible model pictures

Started by Weaver, September 23, 2008, 08:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

There's some brilliant modelling and diorama-building going on here, including at least two whiff subjects. Unfortunately, the site's in Russian (I think) so I can't tell where they're from:

http://trinadzatij.livejournal.com/230019.html?style=mine
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

HOG

Hi Weaver,

Like you say some really gorgeous work there. Some of the water effects are marvelous, and some are really thought provoking. A level of work to aim at.
Thanks for the input,
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Taiidantomcat

That is the best "Final Countdown" diorama (or any sort of Air to air combat diorama) i have ever seen. Incredibly creative and well executed models. Thanks for sharing this!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

You're welcome!

I only found the site because it was linked from http://www.darkroastedblend.com/ , which is a fantastic place to keep checking in with for wierd/cool/funky/whiffy stuff.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

lancer

SOme of those scenes were so lifelike and the energy portrayed in them was stunning. My favourite 2 have to be the Pearl Hsrbour attacker, al the shells splashing the water around it and the U-boat in the heavy seas. That wave looks as though it's going to break over the bow any second!!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

I like the civilian figures in the one with the jeep and the Ram tank: the kids look straight out of a 1930s Meccano advert!

Also, the hovering SAR helo with the downwash pattern on the sea below it. Subtle, but just so right: how many hundred ways could you get that wrong?

:bow: :bow: :bow:

- Indiana Jones

The Rat

The last two are very disturbing, but that's what makes it a great diorama. If you look at every detail in that and you don't feel upset in the slightest, you have no heart.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr