Some nice new Brit-Whif kits coming...

Started by AeroplaneDriver, September 19, 2008, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

This was posted on Britmodeler but I havent seen it mentioned here yet.

http://www.olimpmodels.com/

Top of the news list are two new British experimentals, including one of my personal favorites (the 188).  Hannants have it as a Future Release, but not price yet.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

What a dilemma, do I take another job to afford 'em and then quit so I have time to build 'em?  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: The Rat on September 19, 2008, 08:28:01 PM
What a dilemma, do I take another job to afford 'em and then quit so I have time to build 'em?  :blink:

Tough one, innit?

I've gotta say the 188 is one of my all-time favorite "X-Planes".  This may be the inspiration I need to build my Olimp Gnat so I can cut my teeth on resin before one of these. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on September 19, 2008, 08:57:00 PMI've gotta say the 188 is one of my all-time favorite "X-Planes".

Mine too. Gives some impetus to an idea that's been brewing in my warped mind for some time; a nation, in this case Britain, has its back to the wall and is on the verge of being overrun. The situation is so dire that anything and everything has been pressed into military service, even test aircraft and the like. So we see hastily rigged weaponry and camo on 188s and Avro 707s, SRN-1s sporting torpedo tubes and cannons, old Bren gun carriers dusted off and fitted with small missile batteries (think something like a Chapparal), Vickers Viscount bombers...

This could get expensive.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: The Rat on September 20, 2008, 07:09:23 AM
So we see hastily rigged weaponry and camo on 188s and Avro 707s, SRN-1s sporting torpedo tubes and cannons, old Bren gun carriers dusted off and fitted with small missile batteries (think something like a Chapparal), Vickers Viscount bombers...

This could get expensive.  ;D

Off you go, Ratty, we're all standing-by cheering you on....... :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

JoeP

Old aircraft carriers with modern aircraft - Harriers and helos.

Old battleships with updated weapons. (Oh, wait, the USN already did that.  ;D )
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Quote from: JoeP on September 23, 2008, 09:40:58 AM
Old aircraft carriers with modern aircraft - Harriers and helos.

Old battleships with updated weapons. (Oh, wait, the USN already did that.  ;D )

And the Spanish already did the first one - Dedalo was old enough to have been hit by a kamikaze in 1944....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

They've already done the Avro 707A & 707C, And the Boulton Paul P.111 & P.120 so hopefully they'll add some more too.  Okay, not experimental aircraft, but there's the recent Gnat's & Ajeets as well.  They've done a fair few American prototypes & lesser knowns as well.  Pricey kits, but they're to be congratulated. :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Well I'll be in for a 188. When I was a kid I thought it was fantastic, when I grew up I learn't the truth  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.