Philip Isohe, master scratch modeler in Kenya

Started by kitflubber, September 18, 2008, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitflubber

This little video is really cool (via gadgets.boingboing.net) -- this guy is amazingly talented. He shows off a beautiful Cessna plane made from tin cans, with functioning lights, control surfaces, doors etc. Then he shows a bus in progress with functioning lights, transmission and suspension.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/09/18/philip-isohes-detail.html

B777LR

Very impressive indeed, but not that uncommon in Africa, if you look for them :thumbsup: That said, he beats me at modelling :tornado:

ysi_maniac

Absolutely amazing! ... and we complain about raised details :banghead:
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

JoeP

Right, I'm getting back to work on my scratch-builts. If he can do that with those materials, I can certainly build ships with my fancy-schmancy stuff.

This should be required watching for every JMN!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

cthulhu77

That sort of creativity is just plain (pardon the pun) astounding.  Wow. Yeah, it makes you take a look around the shop and realize how much stuff we don't use.

Great thread.

B777LR

Quote from: cthulhu77 on September 19, 2008, 09:52:24 AMYeah, it makes you take a look around the shop and realize how much stuff we don't use.

Hehe, lets begin using the tools as parts in the model... ;D

lancer

That is seriously impressive!!! One hell of a talanted person
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die