RESISTANCE IS USELESS or Meet Hog 2

Started by HOG, September 06, 2008, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Now I have been watching with great interest the SciFi builds but having the two 109`s to complete I had resisted the temptation. Until Thursday. I had just received my repeat presciption and checking the contents I found I had a new inhaler like the one I used in the Flying Sourcery GB and that was it. No excuse now.
quarter front left

So far there are only four kit parts used and I`d be really suprised if anyone can identify them. it`s a pig to photograph as it is deliberately very short and the wide intakes hide the back. As to what it is, dunnknow yet but its around 1:48 scale and will be finished in very very off white.  ;D
Enjoy and comments please
:drink:
G

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

Awww it's got a face like a guppy and ears like...Prince Charles?

I especially enjoy it when you work with "found" materials, HOG. I'm not really sure what you've got in mind here but I'm going to enjoy the ride!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

HOG

High Brian

Posted at 1.10
Edited at 1.12
Reply by 1.14
Is this a personal best?    ;D

Incoming at the speed of light Brian de B
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

cthulhu77

Neat stuff. I love all the "found art" appeal to it.

BlackOps

Great start, love the shape, lookin' forward to seeing how this one turns out!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sequoiaranger

Great imagination. There are "parts" lying around our house, if only we have the imagination to use them.

This reminds me of a blowfish, head-on, with its pectoral fins extended!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Amphion

Looks like the beginning of a EVA pod. You did say a really off white as a colour scheme right?

Anyway, fun and interesting build.  ;D
Amphion

HOG

Hi Amphion

Yep thats what I said "finished in very very off white.". Maybe with markings etc in very very off black.

If by EVA your thinking a life boat/rescue pod, then that`s  what I`m thinking or a very small disposable fighter.

It`s always puzzled me how in films, etc how their involved in an inter species war of survival, on ships armed to the teeth,  but always eject to safety in an unarmed little pod in a bright colour with just enough fuel to reach the planet that they were fighting about in the first place. A sort of out of the frying pan and into the fire scenario.
This model is going to represent an alternative to this. Its armed, maybe short life/range kinda weapons but at least some defence is an option in an genocidle war. It will be camou`d to some degree and have the option of flying away from danger to a decent distance and the ability to land and lift off again. This should at least avoid the longest part of the film/book/backstory etc, of the boring saga of the trek to safety.

Oh well back to boldly sanding where no hand has set foot,
Cheers  :drink:
G

PS
the kit parts are
Left & right intake lips      slices from a Dragon Me262 nose (poss the best use for a Dragon 262 kit)
Top bulge at front           droptank lump from Airfix 109F
Bluish tail on bottom gun   useless bomb from Preiser figure set.
Other parts are said inhaler, piece from dispossable pen for lower gun front, the rest is plascard, tube and filler. The only `found` parts are the amount of time I found I spent PSR .
FOUND obviously a JMN expression.  ;D
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Taiidantomcat

Reminds me of the very light Swarmer fighters from the game Homeworld:

Looks great!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Too cool :mellow:  :mellow: However I would paint it BLACK ;D :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Damn it SoTool` why didn`t I think of that!  :banghead:
What a good idea.  :thumbsup:
I think I just might do that ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:drink:
G

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Well even geniuses like you need a little help sometime ;D :rolleyes: :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Next batch, after adding a few bitz and a blow over of tamiya gunmental. a sort of walk round.

the last is a top view.  As an impulse build I think this is working quite well, as is often the case with me and I`m enjoying it enough to keep putting down the serious builds to return to this. As always comments critiques and bills for damages read but mostly ignored,
cheers  :drink:
Gary.

PS by the by SoTo`s,  I think I`m Geniuii as in Cactii when in the company of others. (No not other cactusses-before you start) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Mossie

Oh, that's nice Gary!  Got to admit, on the first pics couldn't quite see how it was going to turn out but the details bring it to life.  That & the very menacing looking black & gunmetal paintjob, love it!  Guess it's got be part of some kind of pirate fleet, looking that menacing?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

The gunmetal really makes your blowfish shine, HOG!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher