F-14 Entry

Started by Taiidantomcat, August 26, 2008, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

I'm building the Revell 1/48 F-14 sans cockpit. (wanted this to be a QUICK build and for another reason that will hopefully make sense later on) Still deciding if i should keep my Tomcat's anti-grey scheme a secret. :wacko: In the mean time here are some construction pics.

The Intakes will have vented covers and the first pic is of the sprues i glues in to hold them. Second pic is of the F-110 exhausts. Third pic is the model with wings attached and Fin Mounts removed to make room for my own scratchbuilt fins.

:cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

Looks like you're off to a nice start, Taiidan!

Speaking of starts, I didn't think this GB kicked off until the 30th or 31st or did I mis-read the dates?
:unsure:
Brian da Basher

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Brian da Basher on August 27, 2008, 12:39:01 PM
Looks like you're off to a nice start, Taiidan!

Speaking of starts, I didn't think this GB kicked off until the 30th or 31st or did I mis-read the dates?
:unsure:
Brian da Basher

Oh man you are right, Brian! I jumped the gun :banghead: thought with the GB thread started it was good to go... guess i will hold off a while.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

gooberliberation

How's this one going? Still on haitus? If so, you can get out of the corner and back to work! :cheers:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: gooberliberation on October 02, 2008, 08:39:50 PM
How's this one going? Still on haitus? If so, you can get out of the corner and back to work! :cheers:

Roger that:thumbsup: i have something up my sleeve...

Taiidantomcat

I am going from one entry to about five...and maybe even six if i can pull it off. I have a lot of ideas and almost all of them involve bright colors. anything worth doing is worth doing right, so why not make some of those ideas come to life? First pic is of all the lower Fuselages all stacked up along with the already joined fuselage seen earlier in this thread. unlike the first all of the other Tomcat variations will have cockpits and maybe one or two will even have Scale-o-rama 1/32 pilots.
Other pics show the multi-piece exhausts (after i was done with that i placed an order for a few resin single piece exhausts- because i had all the fun i want to with those!)
I cut off the fuselage piece attached to the intake to ease construction, I also made a little tool that helped me better place the sprue in the intake (which will act as a backing for the "intake vents" as seen in the first pic)
also included a pic of all the wings before i joined them together.  :cheers:

Shasper

You are authorized to use my patented "Blue Canopy of Death" (C) method ;)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Shasper on October 13, 2008, 05:09:07 PM
You are authorized to use my patented "Blue Canopy of Death" (C) method ;)

Shas 8)

:bow:

noxioux

Your ambition is nothing short of monumental.  Most of us are sweating one kit, let alone 7!!! :bow: