http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/malli_4145/

Posted over on Hyperscale Plastic Pix.

Jon

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

puddingwrestler

Didn't I always say jet propelled float planes were a good idea? Obviously some sort of San Tortan contractor there. :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

That looks excellent!

Hmm... and I've allegedly got another Eastern European (but not A-Model) MiG-9 on the way.......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dork the kit slayer

mmmmmm? As a "WIF "and a model its really good., :thumbsup: but in any reality to my mind its a WtF. :banghead: Jet floatplanes...dont go there thats a real can of worms. Ask Convair.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

jcf

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on August 27, 2008, 05:46:17 AM
mmmmmm? As a "WIF "and a model its really good., :thumbsup: but in any reality to my mind its a WtF. :banghead: Jet floatplanes...dont go there thats a real can of worms. Ask Convair.

I don't recollect that anybody built any turbo-jet powered floatplanes.

The Sea Dart wasn't a floatplane, it was a flying boat with a hydroski.

Jon

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2008, 03:15:08 AM
That looks excellent!

Hmm... and I've allegedly got another Eastern European (but not A-Model) MiG-9 on the way.......

Allegedly being the operative word - after a phone call this lunchtime with Model Hobbies, it turns out that the substitute order (including this kit) for my lost Bilek Whirlwinds has itself got lost, and guess what? Yep - they havn't got another Maquette MiG-9..... Have now replaced it with an Airfix Land Rover (which I presume they can't run out of  :huh:), but somehow I don't think that would look as good on floats....... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 27, 2008, 08:14:25 AM
Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on August 27, 2008, 05:46:17 AM

I don't recollect that anybody built any turbo-jet powered floatplanes.

The Sea Dart wasn't a floatplane, it was a flying boat with a hydroski.

Jon

What about the Saunders-Roe SR.A/1
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

puddingwrestler

The Saro had a planing hull - it was a fying boat. The other jet propelled sea planes I know of have also been flying boats (apart from the seadart). Or Ekranoplans!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

jcf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on August 27, 2008, 03:20:51 PM
The Saro had a planing hull - it was a fying boat. The other jet propelled sea planes I know of have also been flying boats (apart from the seadart). Or Ekranoplans!

Technically the Sea Dart is also a flying boat as when at rest the fuselage functioned as a hull, the hydro-skis serving as a device for take-off and landing.
The hydro-foils of the Bristol-Burney X.2 & X.3 and the Pegna P7 were intended for the same purpose.

Jon

deathjester

Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2008, 09:11:11 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2008, 03:15:08 AM
That looks excellent!

Allegedly being the operative word - after a phone call this lunchtime with Model Hobbies, it turns out that the substitute order (including this kit) for my lost Bilek Whirlwinds has itself got lost, and guess what? Yep - they havn't got another Maquette MiG-9..... Have now replaced it with an Airfix Land Rover (which I presume they can't run out of  :huh:), but somehow I don't think that would look as good on floats....... :banghead:
ah,yes,but if it was jet powered,with rocket launchers....!

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2008, 09:11:11 AM
Have now replaced it with an Airfix Land Rover (which I presume they can't run out of  :huh:), but somehow I don't think that would look as good on floats....... :banghead:

Why not? Land Rover becomes Sea Rover! There was even a hovercraft conversion available, there's a movie of one on this page.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

A beaufighter was tested with a Vickers S gun and a RR BF gun.2 replacing the 20mm's.  Not sure if the fit was fired, but I have a Hasegawa kit awaiting conversion sometime after Telford
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.