DFW AREA Supercon Sept 13th

Started by Scooterman, August 24, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

IPMS Fort Worth Scale Modelers
Supercon 2008
Saturday, September 13th
http://www.fwsm.com/Supercon2006.html

Another local show for me and I've been trying to get a few display tables but I haven't heard back from anybody yet.  I say we bring stuff anyway and flood them with WHIFFERY!!!!  And if any out of area whiffers want a place to stay the night, I offer the air mattress in the ScooterWerks central office!

RotorheadTX

I was reminded about this show by a pal on ARC. I didn't realize we were having another go at the WhIf table...
I'm planning on being there, driving up from Austin.

sotoolslinger

I would also like to go depending on work schedule. ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Scooterman

Talked to somebody from the show last night and it looks like we got tables.  Sounds like just two, but we should have a place to sit behind and answer the many questions people will have about What If........ :rolleyes: :lol:

sotoolslinger

Scoot, I just found out yesterday that I will be off so I will definitely be there with a mess o whiffs ;D
I amuse me.

Martin H

looks like once again the SIG will be at two shows in one weekend on different sides of the atlantic......cant be many/any other uk based SIGs able to do that :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Scooterman

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 03, 2008, 06:24:10 AM
Scoot, I just found out yesterday that I will be off so I will definitely be there with a mess o whiffs ;D

NICE!!!  We'll have to talk before the show so we can plan.  PM me your phone # please, and I'll do the same.

Scooterman

Quote from: Martin H on September 03, 2008, 02:54:44 PM
looks like once again the SIG will be at two shows in one weekend on different sides of the atlantic......cant be many/any other uk based SIGs able to do that :)

Kinda cool ain't it?   :thumbsup:  Now only if we could get Twiglets here in time................

philp

If we had a bigger group in Utah we could have 3 showings.
As it is, I am hoping to finish something for our contest.

Have fun in TX and take pics.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Wyrmshadow

I may mak it out there just to see it.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

Scooterman

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on September 08, 2008, 05:40:23 AM
I may mak it out there just to see it.

Please do!  If you want I can bring my laptop and run some of your stuff, Wyrm.  IF we have access to power.  And space for the 'puter.

Wyrmshadow

Okay, you're going to have to tell me who/what to look for when I get there. I'm going to burn a CD with all my images on there...... plus I just made a slideshow in .exe format so it can be run on any computer.
1300 images at 4 secons per image equals 1.5 hours of both real and whif imagery.

sotoolslinger

Wyrm, look for a large cowboy hat with an ugly dude under it ;D Actually I am sending you a pm with contact info.
I amuse me.

Scooterman

I'll make sure I'll bring the laptop.  Oh and here's some help.  Toolslinger on far left, me on far right.

Wyrmshadow

Well I've already posted my picture several times, only it doesn't show my stature. I'm a short 5'6".

So just look for a figgety James Cagney type of guy walking around. I'll leave my Stetson at home.