Scooterman's Second

Started by Scooterman, August 23, 2008, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Maybe it should be the first, because I'm farther along on this one than the F-8.  Anywhos, here's the profile from Maverick and my build using the old 1/72 Revell Mirage IIIE/R

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, Brad, you've got my attention. :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Maverick

Looking forward to this one Brad!

Regards,

Mav

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, baby: time for an update (please)...   :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Scooterman

No pics tonight, but a midrange PSR session actually ended up with no R!  I have a few minor seams to finish sanding but she should be in the paint barn tomorrow.  With the Mirage there, more time for the F-8!

Scooterman

Final seams sanded and canopy Futured, taped and PVAed.  Cover the wheel wells and off for paint.

Scooterman

She now has a grey belly.  I spent some time getting the topside colors picked out and won't get them on tonight, but I'm pretty stoked to get this one finished.

AeroplaneDriver

Mmmm...Nice!

I've thought about some of Mav's Finnish profiles for my eventual entry.  I think it will look great on a Mirage.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nev

You better be quick fellas, only 2 weeks to go!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

More color.  Just a dark green to go.  Then gloss, decals, flat, weathering........ :banghead:

nev

Mossie

Mmmmm, winter cam!!!  Glad someone's doing one of Mav's Finnish winter birds, I'm sure it'll look fantastic! :ph34r:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hubba hubba - Sorry, don't know where that came from, I meant, 'looking jolly good, sir'

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

Still stoked from the show today so I got more work done tonight.