Republic Cruiser

Started by Sisko, August 15, 2008, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well it's funny that we would have a couple of Sci-Fi subjects on the go here lately and damn fine ones they are.

I am also currently working on a Sci-Fi subject myself. I am building the Revell Germany Republic Cruiser from Episode III.

Well building is probably a bit missleading. I actully built it 2 years ago but have yet to have the courage to paint it. Well two weeks ago I started.

I am as usuall picking the hardest paint job imaginable. I am trying to replicate the CGI look on the paint work. After two weeks of masking and painting I have done..........the engines!!!!

The engines have been painted in 6 different shades of metalizer and sealed with a dull coat. I am now doing the hanger doors on the top side. That has been a bit quicker to do. only a week of masking. I should fingers crossed finish that this weekend.

I will include pics when I get a chance.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

BlackOps

Look forward to seeing it, your paintwork is always awe inspiring!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Here are some pics.

First the engines.

The next is the hanger doors. These aren't finished yet. I still have some more painting to do but you know how real life gets in the way :rolleyes:

sotoolslinger

Oh Beauty :wub: Dang the real life :banghead: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

:o Amazing engines, great reward for all the tedious masking. incredible job.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

Amazing job on the engines!   :bow:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Sisko

I finished the hanger doors but forgot to take a picture before I masked it all up. :rolleyes:

Oh well you'll see them when the top and bottom hull sections are painted. I am currently in the process of masking them now.

The base grey is tamiya sky grey and the hull colour will be gunze light grey. I am also going to use tamiya deck tan for some of the other hull panels. This will give it the multi shaded look.

To say it is a tedious job would be an understatement.

See for yourself.

Brian da Basher

It's always such a treat to see you putting together another masterpiece, Sisko! Your paintwork is absolutely top-notch!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Nothing to say but "fantastic"... love the engines.  :wub:

nev

Stunning work on the engines! :wub:

Are those thin yellow lines masking tape???????
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

:blink: :thumbsup: Unbelievable Sisko, you could right the book on how to build that kit.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Damian2

:bow:

Sisko that looks great! I have two of the Rep Cruiser kits sitting in my sci-fi stash at the moment your build is truly inspirational!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.