Low Altitude Pursuit Vehicle

Started by Glenn, December 23, 2003, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Originally designed and built for the U.S. Police and Highway Patrol, as a High Speed Pursuit Vehicle, but then adapted by the U.S. MILITARY and renamed 'Wolverine'
Powered by the latest in Anti/Grav engines and capable of a maxium speed of 400 kph and max altitude of 200m, the Wolverine found favour with the military instantly.
Adapting the design with a wide 'Butterfly' tailplane allowing the rider easy exit in case of a problem. When in trouble, the rider releases control and slides back between the tails in the slipstream.
On the back of each rider is a low altitude jet pack which will lower the rider back to earth as quickly and safely as possible.
Armourment        2 Laser cannons+riders' side arm.

Idea                    The 'Turbine' from Battlestar Galactica

Modelling              1/72 scale Revell YF-23
                           1/12th scale Tamiya 'straight' cycle rider
                           the rest scratchbuilt and butchered parts.

nev

Great stuff Glen!  :wub:

Not sure if my back would hold up to an extended period in that position though  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

The Rat

Quote from: Glenn on December 23, 2003, 06:00:00 PM
... adapted by the U.S. MILITARY and renamed 'Wolverine'

That's getting to be a popular name around these parts! Sweet concept Glenn, a beauty scale-o-rama!  :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

cthulhu77

Nifty !!!  Love the scheme, too !

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?