Stellar Republic of Texas Diamondback

Started by sotoolslinger, August 10, 2008, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Many loves to Mistress Mannerhiem for the inspiration provided by the F-17 and kudos to Aeroplane Driver for this suddenly becoming a space fighter ;D :wacko:
So far it has been mostly planning and cutting but now I am on to assembly

F-18 with around 1" cut from the fuselage.

The wings will be diamond shaped with no horizontal stabs.

More pretty quick
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

sotoolslinger

You think those pics are bad :wacko:
Wings assembled

Forward shield generator/weapons mounts

Mulder and Scully seem very impressed
I amuse me.

The Rat

Better see a urologist, it ain't supposed to look like that.  ;D

Keep the pics coming!  :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

SinUnNombre

Looks great so far STS. Are you going to trim the LERX of the rear set of wings or leave them hanging out like that? IT woould look cool either way. I'm personally not sold on the canards, but that may change as it gets more complete. Thanks for sharing.

Jon

sotoolslinger

The lerx  to the rear are in limbo at this time. The engine exhaust will be extended so I might leave them ......or not. ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

SinUN try to imagine them with some nice guns on the tips :wacko:
Fuel tankage

Avionics and long range commo package

how the vertical stabs/shield generators will be mounted

Atmospheric and manuvering tankage

AND this will be semi recessed here as the primary sub atomic conversion drive
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

I love the look of the wings on this bird, Toolslinger! It looks like the pain meds really gave you some great inspiration!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Ed S

Nice looking model.  I like what you're doing.  Although, that hairy brown model stand leaves a lot to be desired.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

SinUnNombre

Wow! Great work with the new additions. And that's the best use I've seen of those Lindberg 1/48 X-3 engines.

Jon

sotoolslinger

Thanks all ya'll the engines are from the XF-88 .It's the folks on this site that inspire me.... the pain meds just make me very happy to be inspired ;D :wacko: :wub:
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

You Sci-Fi guys get to have all the fun! When you added those second set of wings, it gave me the impression of the original Cylon Raider. Great work! ;D
Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: sotoolslinger on August 10, 2008, 01:55:35 PMThanks all ya'll the engines are from the XF-88 .It's the folks on this site that inspire me.... the pain meds just make me very happy to be inspired ;D :wacko: :wub:
I recognized the naked engine parts as something that was from Lindberg but that fat fuel tank behind the cockpit was a mystery until you mentioned that your source for the engines was the Lindberg XF-88 kit.  It all makes sense now.  Sort of.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

AeroplaneDriver

I like it!!

Now, when you're finished make a couple of them in 1/350 to go with my frigate!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rafael

This is what I call Fantastic!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now, this build calls for a very stylized spacy lonestar.

Great concept

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER