Armstrong-Whitworth Manta NF2 - new addition to Ho229 mania!

Started by kitbasher, August 05, 2008, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Following Mossies's Rafwaffe Ho229 and MartG's Armstrong-Whitworth Manta PR.1 (let's call it that for the purposes of this thread), this will become my take on a possible post-war exploitation of captured German technology by the RAF.....
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Found time to progress my 'Manta'. 

Added the seats (having first painted the interior (such as it is) a very dark grey and raised their bases), then attached the uppers fuselage/wing half.  Meteor NF nose then added.
Of course, in my haste I realised I'll need to apply the gynaecological method of completing a sinmple interior (ie rummage around inside through a small gap), but never mind.   ;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitbasher

Progress continues with this project, as can be seen in the shot below.  I'm slowly deviating further from the basic Ho229 design, and trying to capture something of the Armstrong-Whitworth AW52 (second picure).  Still some way to go, though.  ;D ;D

cthulhu77

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

That Meteor nose looks so right there - it looks to have fitted on quite smoothly too (am I correct?).

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

You know kitbasher, you should have a read of the Putman Handley Page book.  The origins of the Victor started off quite a bit like this.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

thedarkmaster

how gutted am i ?

my own work so very similar

based upon the same premis and the same aircraft for my empires twighlight thread
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

kitbasher

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 24, 2008, 07:47:21 AM
You know kitbasher, you should have a read of the Putman Handley Page book.  The origins of the Victor started off quite a bit like this.
Yes, I've seen drawings of the early HP concept but was fimly in AW flying wing mode when I came up with this idea.  There is some resemblance, though.  ;D ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: thedarkmaster on November 24, 2008, 11:31:23 AM
how gutted am i ?
my own work so very similar

Well there you go - great minds think alike.  Just like you I'm discarding the original massive nosewheel, but will be sticking with a single wheel.  No underwing stores either, just internal cannon.  ;D ;D

kitbasher

Slow progress with the Manta, I'm afraid, but progress nevertheless.  Cockpit's done, as is some more filling - the dreaded sanding to follow next.  If this was the top of my modelling list I guess it wouldn't take too much effort to get it done, but my 'Sovietise It!' item is top of the pile.  I think must be second.   ;D ;D