G

TSR-2 demand

Started by Geoff_B, December 21, 2003, 06:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi

I've been watching a few TSR-2 kits go through Ebay at the moment, one came up this morning from heritage with "Buy-it-now" at £39.99 and was snapped up immediately (not by me) and a contrail one went for £51 yesterday.

So the demand is still there, we will just have to wait and see what Airfix decides to do after reveiwing the feedback and wish list from the Nationals.

Mairfrog

The demand is certainly there, and here. I for one demand about five of them immediately!

Would you be willing to offer your services to Airfix regarding references etc? Reckon Trev could use some expert help, especially on the Whiffy bits.

Geoff_B

QuoteWould you be willing to offer your services to Airfix regarding references etc? Reckon Trev could use some expert help, especially on the Whiffy bits.

Sure but Tsrjoe & Wooksta are the ones to ask about this (there the nearest things to experts on the subject), i check my concepts with them first normally.

Cheers

GeoffB

lancer

QuoteI've been watching a few TSR-2 kits go through Ebay at the moment, one came up this morning from heritage with "Buy-it-now" at £39.99 and was snapped up immediately (not by me) and a contrail one went for £51 yesterday.

Blimey!!!! I wonder if I should put my Contrsil kit up on e-bay???? See if I can get £51 for it.... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff_B

QuoteBlimey!!!! I wonder if I should put my Contrsil kit up on e-bay???? See if I can get £51 for it....   

Why not, the kit even has additional decals and the Aeroclub U/C. Just do a search on ebaty under completed items for BAC in Model Kits and you might see who came in 2nd and get them to make you an offer. It should pay for a new Resin kit i suppose

TsrJoe

re references for our favourite bird...as i mentioned before,. id be more than happy to provide everything Airfix could ever need to make a decent model kit of the TSR.2 even copies of some erm 'useful' drawings which dont exist!
oh btw. a friend and fellow TSR nerd noticed many years ago that there are some serious dimensional problems with Barrie Hygates TSR.2 drawing, it seems the source drawing it was based on wasnt strictly true (compare actual panel position photos with the drawing, esp aroundthe intakes!)...so like the nerds we were...we headed down to Cossie with just about every measuring device known to man and worked up our own dimensional drawings based upon the actual airframe measuring all the main dimensions and checking them against published figures and (more importantly for out purposes) station points! good fun...!!! (id also passed over copies of these revised drawings to Doug Feeney many moons ago hoping hed do one in 32nd or 24th but to no avail!)

happy modelling, chers, joe  :ph34r:

hmmm..i wonder if the injection moulding company not far from me can make moulds too...?

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Geoff_B

Quotehmmm..i wonder if the injection moulding company not far from me can make moulds too...?

Oh i hope so " Spot-On Limited run Injection kits now as well !!!!" that would be great for producing some of the kits you have lined up i suppose it depends on what they need to work with and how fine  a detail they can produce. Hopefully it would be better than Merlins !!!!.

Thor   B)  

Martin H

What would you consider a nominal sum Joe?
I have a few (and I mean a few)sheckels burried away in my saveings
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

I seem to remember Wooks telling me at the nats that the thinking was to charge about £15 for the resin and stuff. Although I might be wrong
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

P1127

Quoteoh btw. a friend and fellow TSR nerd noticed many years ago that there are some serious dimensional problems with Barrie Hygates TSR.2 drawing,
Which is interesting if you have (a) Barrie's review of the Contrail kit 9b) Gordon Sutcliffe's reply and © Barrie's reply to Gordon, all Scale MOdels early 80s. Quoting fuselage panel positions etc etc.

Said nerd wasn't Norwegian by chance?
It's not an effing  jump jet.

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

P1127

He's out there in Internetland, though I don't think in this forum
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Radish

Don't forget there's a TSR2 at Cosford for Airfix to crawl over.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen