Vive la France! ... Voilà le GB!

Started by ysi_maniac, August 04, 2008, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

This GB proposal is intended to build any subject based on 'Made in France' producs or in french markings.

:cheers: :party: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Lately I have been toying with seveal ideas in this subject:

Armour.

- AMX-30 and Leopard were designed in response to an international NATO request. During trials, Leopard performed better in mobility parameters, but AMX-30 won in accuracy and fire power. Thus an AMX turret with Leopard hull was proposed. Years later Spanish army studied this possibility as a way to improve AMX-30 poor mobility. None of these projects went to fruition but I have been working in this subject. Pics soon.

Aircrafts.

- Any of those Gothic 'multiposte' aircraft would be cool. What does BdaB think about?

- What about AdA'46?

- What if Dassault did not have access to Fairey delta wing technology? I am working in a conventional wing plan Mirage-III

- Mirage-3000 this project is mentioned in Paul Jackson Mirage book as a development of Mirage-2000 powered by a pair of RB-199. Currently thinking on styrene, more data to come ( http://www.amazon.com/Mirage-Modern-combat-aircraft-Jackson/dp/0711015120/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217866079&sr=8-4 ).

- Match 3 Mirage. Someone posted info in this forum recently.

- A pair of Mirage-4000 in construction in this forum.

- An eventual further greater Mirage-5000 I have in my mind.

- Super Etendard Supersonique: doudou is currently working on; check his Profiles thread.

Please, add your own ideas, or comment these!
-_-

frank2056

How about foreign aircraft/armor in French markings? The French used a handful of Japanese aircraft in Indochina in 1945-46.

Like this Ki-43 that I built, with homemade markings. There's  a fairly inexpensive Ki-43III made by AML that would make an even better base kit (the French used more Ki43IIIs than IIs).

A Whatif Ki-46 Dinah in french markings would be cool (they did have one, but it had a landing gear malfunction on its ferry flight)

Frank

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
Of course, anything in frech markings will be accepted. I like your Hayabusa and I agree with you in the Dinah idea, I would add Hayate  :wub:.
Additionaly there were nice Fw-190s and Ju-88 in french service ... I am listening a voice that tell something about Me-262  :wub:
In the armour field, Panther, ...
:cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Another one I could happily support, I have a pair of 1:48 Mirage F1's (runs the Hunter very close for the title 'My Favourite Jet') and whilst one will be 'Real World', tho other certainly wont !! ..... And speaking of Hunters, what about those F6's the Armee de l'Air used in Algeria in the early sixties  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

Ian the Kiwi Herder

DEFINITELY !

RAF F5's - the Sapphire engined ones - flying from Akritiri, Cyprus flew cover for FAA Sea Venoms & Wyverns, wearing yellow/black invasion stripes, however - depending upon which account you read - there was a shortage of yellow & black paint on the island, so some flew with a dark cream/creme emulsion paint in place of the three yellow stripes and either Dk Green or nothing at all in place of the two black stripes !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

So a hunter in french roundels, yellow/black stripes and that frech tactical camo scheme used in SMB2 and described as: green, chesnut and dark stone will be just perfect.

BTW, Ian, can you throw some light on the mentioned scheme? I am not sure about colours.

Thanks,
Carlos.

doudou

A GB with France being the issue, "Quelle bonne idée!" :lol:
Finding the idea worth it, I'll post some profiles here from time to time too.

As ysi_maniac said it, I'm currently working on the Super Etendard Supersonique. So here is an example.

As I explained in my profile thread, India and Brazil where looking for new aircraft carriers at the beginning of the new century.
Brazil bought the ex-Marine Nationale Foch and India choosed to purchase the Clemenceau.

The Indian Navy would be equipped of Super Etendard Supersonique as part of the deal and would later buy a small number of Rafale (in fact the Rafale could only be used with a limited weight from those aircraft carriers meaning it was limited to the air defence fighter/interceptor role).

David.

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
But russian aircrafts in Normandie-Niemen markings would be accetable.
:wub:

doudou

Here is a Mirage 3000 of the Hellenic Air Force.

David.

Brian da Basher

I'd be up for this one so long as it's open to aircraft from all eras. Here's some butchery I did recently to a Caudron 714. I call it the Caudron Condor:

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Brian da Basher on September 12, 2008, 07:18:36 AM
... as it's open to aircraft from all eras.

Even Charlemagne or Napoleon eras ;D
Seriously.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Jeffry Fontaine

B-47 Stratojet in AdA camouflage and markings?  Armed with the AN-22 or AN-52 free fall nuclear bomb?  I would hope that qualifies.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg