Main Menu

USMC Group Build

Started by Taiidantomcat, August 03, 2008, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Any plane, train, automobile, tank, helicopter, jet, or prop with MARINES written on the side. One of my friends on ARC has been doing a USMC Red Devils Tornado, and i have a ton of ideas myself, wanted to see if anyone else might be interested.

Semper Fi,
Ben
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

There are a lot of ideas being tossed around at the moment, so I'm not going to jump in and say I would definitely be up for it, but I do like the idea.  It's been a while since there's been a GB themed around a single operator, so it might be a fun one.  You may consider me 'Interested'.  :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

What the ....! Count on me! :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Damian2

I'd also be "interested" in this GB :)

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Spey_Phantom

seems like a good idea  :mellow:,
but isnt this more the same like the SAR/Coast Guard GB we had here a while ago  :huh:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Nils on August 11, 2008, 03:37:44 AM
seems like a good idea  :mellow:,
but isnt this more the same like the SAR/Coast Guard GB we had here a while ago  :huh:

In a word...No. The United States Marine Corps Is a combat Force, the "first to fight" in the US Armed Forces. They do have rescue/SAR forces but they are basically around to rescue downed pilots. The US Marines have 3 active divisions, and 3 active air wings, and are considered the most elite branch of America's four services. US Marines Specialize in amphibious operations, but also guard US Embassies, and the president.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

To make it a bit more varied, how about Marines in general, not just US ones? I quite like the idea of a Royal Marine Commando Sand Harrier FGR.2..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

I would be fine with including Marines of all nations, good thinking Weaver.

lancer

I agree with weaver, the Marines from all nations is a better idea for a GB. I could give the Royals thier very own armoured element.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

I would love to include Marines of all nations, The Royal Marines don't have nearly the amount of "toys" the USMC does, and i think a lot of folks around here would love to change that: myself included. Royal Marines Harrier? or Hornet anyone?

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Wikipedia, has no less than 46 nations listed as having Marines. Im no rivet counter, anything goes. Just include something that makes it marine- Snorkel on a tank, distinct camouflage, anything you can think of that separates it into that unique Marine force. past, present,or future. US Marines mark their aircraft like this:

But obviously that not limited to english...or even any human language for that matter. :thumbsup: