PW's Pulp Magazine Marvel!

Started by puddingwrestler, July 27, 2008, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Not only have I created my own nation, the Republica San Torta, I have created San Torta's own 1930s pulp magazine hero - The Scarlet Sloth, Sentinel of the Skyways and Alberto, Wonder Boy Aviator (for contractual reasons, every one in the stories who recognizes them MUST say that whole mouthful - ie: "By the Dark Ducks of Dhafistahn, my evil plan has been foiled by The Scarlet Sloth, Sentinel of the Skyways and Alberto, Wonder Boy Aviator!")
Mostly I wrote these stories to justify a rather insane project - converting a Junkers G38 into a flying fortress complete with wing mounted hangers, heavy cannons and machine gun nests on the wings! Oh - and VTOL capability thanks to rotors.
Started work this morning.
Pictures soon.
Evil cackling continues.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

pyro-manic

Sounds absolutely bloody epic! Waiting with baited breath...  :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

yeah, there's even a sequel with flying submarines and sinister viking cultists!

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Be sure to include the Flying Spaghetti Monster in there somehow: that way, you can have pirates (or at least all your characters can talk like pirates on the "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" (September 19th).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Is it that kinda pulp magazine that has THAT kinda model ?

gary

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

puddingwrestler

Actually started writing the third adventure last night - in which the Black Scarab appears once more. Or, you know, a second black scarab appears. What with the first one being at the bottom of the sea with a burnt out parasite fighter lodged in it's wing root and all...

Gotten a little further with the construction, will try to work out a way of getting pics up without my home computer working (sigh). Will also try to post the stories somewhere. Don't want to put them in a thread post, they are about 2500-3000 words each, so they would not really fit...

jcf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on July 27, 2008, 04:59:34 PM
Oh - and VTOL capability thanks to rotors.

Like this?:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/05/04/new-all-metal-helicopter-has-eighteen-foot-wing-props/

:wacko: :wacko:

Cool notion for your pulp, going for a Bill Barnes vibe?

Jon

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

puddingwrestler

Sorta like that pic, but my rotors are going on top so they don't interfere with the under wing parasite biplane hangers!

I've started building the fighters. They are made from a pair of SU-22 drop tanks (think they're drop tanks), cut down and with thier tail fin shapes modified. Wings are plasticard and there is some plastic rod used as cockpit fairings. I need to make a few modifications to the design so the wings can fold.
Since they are designed to fit inside the wings, they are just under 4 meters long with a five meter wingspan - think of a shorter, squater, smaller Polikarpov I-15.
I'll try to get my work iBook working with my home wireless network and post some pics.

puddingwrestler

The flying fighter is now complete, I'm still working on the docked fighter  - want to have one of each to show how things work :)
I've been adding detail to the hanger bay this morning, and I also added the nose turret. Originally I was just going to keep the normal glazed nose and have a gun sticking through the glass... but then I decided on a late 19th century battle-ship turret look! A slice of SU-22 drop tank for the turret, and part of the barrel from a Tamiya .50 cal for the gun. It's so totally impractical that it fits perfectly!

AeroplaneDriver

Good grief man, where are the pics!!   :lol:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

sotoolslinger

Yeah ,WTF, I'm salivating >:( Show some pics already :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

puddingwrestler

I did mention my computer killed himself on Sunday didn't I? Chill dudes.

Andyway, here be pics.
After extreme lengths and great tribulations.

more tommorow. Or possibly later if I feel vindictive.