Scaled Space Boom 2

Started by Tophe, July 23, 2008, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have a Unicraft 1/72 resin model of the Scaled "Space Ship 1" + "White Knight". This is great but too realistic for me and too big for my room. So… I planned to build a "Space Ship 2" of my own, but… Scaled Co. did that before me, so… I will call it "Space Boom 2", and what I plan to change:
- no external tailplanes but biplane tailplanes linking the booms (parts from the White Knight)
- no swept high wing but straight middle wing (White Knight starboard internal wing)
- big glassware, painted black (for space tourism enjoying the stars view)
- no rocket exhaust (glider with jettisonable rockets)
The completion of the model is scheduled for March 2009… The first flight is planned for April 1st of Never.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

Have you drawn out the idea, too?  Would like to see your line dwg if you have one, Tophe.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

No, I have not drawn it (this is not for my 1939-45 twin-bommers batch of drawings, this is to come back to your modelism world, more easily than finishing my serious models: XFY-163, Twin-Buffalo, P-38 glider 1/32)

Tophe

Martin H

Quote from: Tophe on August 05, 2008, 10:39:00 AM
slowly but surely...

The only way to work, when dealing with unicraft kits. :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Tophe

Next step.
Remains: painting overall, canopy black painting

Tophe

Here is the final Space Boom 2 - not matching your quality standards (sorry) but good enough for me -_-

Hobbes

An interesting variation on Spaceship 1. That large canopy looks so much better than the little portholes in SS1 and SS2.

Brian da Basher

Good job,Tohpe! I always like the look your painted canopies give your projects! Any chance we can see more photos?

Vous êtes un très doué plus modèle! Le travail excellent, mon ami!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Brian da Basher

Mon dieu, elle est magnifique!!!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Thanks dear!
(I translate for usual readers: "My God, she is gorgeous!!!" - uh, in French for an unknown reason, an airplane is masculine like a wall, while a propeller is feminine like a door, poor foreign learners...)

B777LR

Quote from: Tophe on September 26, 2008, 08:50:46 AM
Thanks dear!
(I translate for usual readers: "My God, she is gorgeous!!!" - uh, in French for an unknown reason, an airplane is masculine like a wall, while a propeller is feminine like a door, poor foreign learners...)

Poor French (and Germans), for having to learn the sex of 'dead' things such as doors and walls...  :banghead: :thumbsup:

Looking great!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Tophe

While the Space Ship 1 gave birth to the Space Boom 2, then... from the same Unicraft kit (pleasant), the White Knight is going to give birth to the mother-plane Knight Boom 2...
(the short span is for high speed handling, and... uh, it's good as there is not much room on my shelves)
PS. Do you pronounce Knight Boom as Night Boom?